What Sales/Production Needs to Say to Production/Sales
“All sales reps are arrogant.”
“Production? They wouldn’t exist without us.”
Okay, gang. Let’s everyone just calm down while we go over some ideas for melting the ice…
The 3 best things Sales can say to Production:
- “I need this fast” only when you need it fast. And don’t EVER ask for a rush job and then leave it sitting there for a day or two.
- “Thank you” to acknowledge effort. Say it in writing, too. And make sure to pass along a customer compliment. It goes a long way.
- “What can I do better?” There is always room for improvement, and this keeps communication lines open.
The 3 best things Production can say to Sales:
- “Let me explain the process so that you understand.” Giving a sales rep an education on how the sausage is made gives necessary background information, reducing complaints (especially, “What’s taking so long?”).
- “Congratulations on landing that new account.” Sales reps might have worked months to bring them in. Recognize it (in writing, especially).
- “What can we do better?” There is always room for improvement, and this keeps communication lines open.
While not quite Wile E. Coyote and The Roadrunner, let’s not wait for an anvil to drop off a cliff before improving the relationship between Sales and Production.
Need new ideas? Want some fresh motivation? Join The Sales Vault at SalesVault.pro and learn sales best practices through searchable library of information and 20 live Zoom workshops a month. Bill Farquharson can be reached at 781-934-7036.
Bill Farquharson is a respected industry expert and highly sought after speaker known for his energetic and entertaining presentations. Bill engages his audiences with wit and wisdom earned as a 40-year print sales veteran while teaching new ideas for solving classic sales challenges. Email him at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (781) 934-7036. Bill’s two books, The 25 Best Print Sales Tips Ever and Who’s Making Money at Digital/Inkjet Printing…and How? as well as information on his new subscription-based website, The Sales Vault, are available at salesvault.pro.