Video for Small Business Marketing: Costs and Tools
But using video to promote your business is difficult, time consuming and expensive, right? Wrong! Video marketing is possible for every budget. You can improve your Google rank, turn your visitors into customers and increase the amount of sales from your marketing spend.
Type of Content Because videos grab attention, people are more likely to click on them than to read text. Furthermore, they are more likely to share video on Facebook, Twitter, Stumble Upon and other social channels, leading to more views and potentially more revenue.
The type of content that works well in video format is:
- A physical product or service so it can be shown or demonstrated. This allows you to illustrate benefits and skills. Video is especially effective if you have an interesting or novel product.
- Instructions on how to use or do something. These videos let customers make an immediate connection and see how your product helps them.
- Creative or funny topics. When you make viewers smile or laugh, it is more likely the association with your brand will be positive.
- More detail on a news story with statistics and information. If you add your own spin or angle, you build authority and credibility.
- Coverage of live events. This is a way to make your company more relevant.
But instead of creating video commercials, you should concentrate on providing value. For example, if you are a restaurant, think about sharing cooking tips or bringing signature recipes to life. This is a great way to educate your prospects and customers. You can also show a different side of your business, such as how products are made, how team members are trained or special features of stores.