The Most Interesting (Sales) Man in the World
As a sales person, he is clairvoyant and omnipotent. He has built an impeccable reputation in the print industry as a master of his craft. With each passing sales year, his legend grows. He is...The Most Interesting (Sales) Man in the World.
Read of him and then add your own attributes to the list by posting a Comment below:
• He closed three sales on his way in to the office this morning alone. Two were strangers who stopped him in the street.
• His clients call just so they can leave him a voice mail message.
• His CSR could tell you stories—oh, could she ever tell you stories—but then she’d have to kill you. And she would.
• His sales manager quit out of sheer respect for his abilities.
• His bid requests are returned with three words on them: “I’ll do it.”
• Clients learn the cost of a print job when his invoice arrives.
• Grateful customers pay immediately. In cash.
• His press OKs frequently turn into a party.
• His business card features his picture...Nothing else.
• He once punched a Print Buyer. That’s right; you heard me!
• When someone raises an objection, he simply smiles. They apologize at once.
• His sales pitch: “You need this.”
• He once turned in an expense report that simply read, “Lunches.” Accounting wrote him a five-figure check.
• When he arrives at a company, receptionists call the customer to say, “He will see you now.”
• The only reason he loses a customer is death...Theirs!
• When he leaves the office for the day, production shuts down. After all, what’s the point?
He is, the Most Interesting (Sales) Man in the World.
Bill Farquharson is a respected industry expert and highly sought after speaker known for his energetic and entertaining presentations. Bill engages his audiences with wit and wisdom earned as a 40-year print sales veteran while teaching new ideas for solving classic sales challenges. Email him at email@example.com or call (781) 934-7036. Bill’s two books, The 25 Best Print Sales Tips Ever and Who’s Making Money at Digital/Inkjet Printing…and How? as well as information on his new subscription-based website, The Sales Vault, are available at salesvault.pro.