Ten Questions for Bob McCurdy, President of GTI
The following post was submitted by Color 2015 sponsor, GTI Graphic Technology, Inc.
1. Tell us about GTI?
GTI was founded in 1975 and is the leading manufacturer of tight tolerance lighting systems for critical color viewing and color matching assessment. We are based in Newburgh, NY, and we also have sales offices in Germany and the United Kingdom.
2. What makes GTI unique?
There are a lot of things that make us unique, all of them good.
- We are 100% dedicated to the lighting business. All of our products are designed to assist with the visual appraisal of color or color-critical lighting applications.
- All of our products are manufactured at our headquarters in Newburgh, NY.
- Our people. We have a highly skilled and dedicated team that takes a customer-first approach.
- Our ability to solve customer problems. Because of our technical expertise and the fact that we do all of our own design and manufacturing, we are able to offer a wide range of color viewing booths. We also offer customized solutions that include very large lighting systems for final product inspection, unique desktop systems, and everything in between.
- Our attention to detail. An in-house spectroradiometric laboratory and a 100% measurement and verification production process guarantees accuracy and precision is built into all products.
Above: Nick Lena, GTI’s Director of Color Technology, uses a spectroradiometer to confirm a viewing station’s light quality is industry compliant.
3. Who is GTI’s typical customer?
Anyone who is concerned with the color quality of the work they are producing. Our customers range from independent photographers who purchase a small desktop viewer to major brands that we have put together complete color harmony rooms for.