Social Selling Mindset
Here are six takeaways:
- A social selling mindset makes the selling process easier not harder.
- Never hire someone who “knows computer stuff” to do your social media unless you are comfortable with that same person writing an e-mail for you and BCCing it to the world.
- It is about relationships not computers (psychology, not technology).
- Facebook is not the same as social media; it is simply (for many) the most recognized tool so some people use the two interchangeably.
- For me, (Twitter and LinkedIn in that order) are my two favorites. You want to sell more...learn how to REALLY use such tools to connect.
- Your BRAND is not what you say it is but what others say it is...and social media is where the story is being told. So, either be in control of your brand OR it will be controlled by others.
There is a lot more to be said on this topic and I am glad to share more with you but in my efforts to keep this blog post short...that is all for this week. Have a great week.
Ryan T. Sauers has spent nearly 30 years running, leading or consulting with printing, graphics, promotional and visual communications-related organizations. Sauers is CEO of two companies, Sauers Consulting Strategies LLC and End Resultz Inc. that among other things, owns magazines and is a media firm. Key areas of focus of the firms include sales training, marketing strategy, personal branding, leadership development and organizational change.
Sauers is a frequent national speaker and columnist. He has been recognized as one of the top 80 CMOs globally and achieved the top designation of Certified Marketing Executive through Sales and Marketing Executives International.
Sauers is an adjunct university professor teaching leadership and communication courses to current and aspiring leaders. He is a Certified Myers Briggs, DiSC and Emotional Intelligence Practitioner (one of few in the U.S. to achieve all three rigorous certifications related to human communications, personality and behavior).
Sauers has completed his doctoral-level coursework in Organizational Leadership and is now (ABD - All But Dissertation) working on his dissertation on why some entrepreneurs and small businesses achieve initial and long-term success, whereas countless others do not.
Sauers is the host of the Marketing Matters radio show in Atlanta that later becomes a global podcast. He also is the host of the Community Connections TV show that comes out in video and podcast form. Sauers is the author of the best-selling books, Everyone is in Sales, and Would You Buy from You? More info at RyanSauers.com or call (678) 825-2049 or email Ryan@RyanSauers.com