Retail Success Strategy: Ecommerce Enabled Brick and Mortar
4. Send out messages to win customer loyalty:
Another vital element of success today is investing time, money and effort to maintain active databases of loyal customers, potential spenders and buyers who prefer competitors. Once you've managed to get customers in your store or on your website, why let them leave without offering a way to stay in contact? You can collect their email addresses by:
- Asking for it at checkout
- Having a sign-up sheet on your sales counter
- Placing a basket or bowl where they can drop in their email address
- Posting a QR code linking to your web form where customers with smart phones can sign up immediately
- Highlighting the email sign-up tab on your website homepage
Once you have their email details, send out custom e-mail messages that offer one of the following:
- Share valuable deals and special offers with your loyal customers that make them feel special
- Spell out benefits like the best product quality, service of highest standards and unbeatable prices to potential buyers
- Offer best-in-market bargains and special trial offers to competitors’ customers
People are typically most interested right after they first subscribe, so have an auto-generated confirmation message prepared in advance that outlines the types of emails they can expect, along with a friendly welcome message thanking customers for their business. Continue reaching out at regular intervals with offers segmented for each group.
All the channels matter—in store, online and mobile—but their power is in how they can work together.
Do you think this is the right approach for your business? How do you make these three channels work together for you?