Retail Success Strategy: Ecommerce Enabled Brick and Mortar
Synergies working in this click-to-brick model are:
Here are four tips to get benefits of both approaches.
1. Use the website as a sales tool:
The first step to achieve virtual and physical synergies is to have a website that represents your brand effectively and is in sync with your physical sores.
Apart from providing store locations, hours and directions, businesses benefit by sharing services and features like:
- Coupons or gift certificates redeemable in stores
- Information on retail outlet events or specials
- Ability to make appointments or reservations for service in the retail outlets
- Return of items purchased online at retail outlets
- Links to other businesses in the area where retail outlets are located
- Pick-up of online purchases at stores
These capabilities allow retailers to support and develop the traditional physical arm of the business.
2. Become masters of content:
Unlike brick and mortar stores where the products and the intelligent use of space do most of the work to convince buyers, online stores lure customers by using content. This includes words describing your products, descriptions of promotions and pictures that leave nothing to imagination. Content has many forms and it can even replace salespeople if used effectively. Some superb examples of content used intelligently by retailers include: