Océ Lightens Up with New ColorStream 3500 Inkjet Press
There's more to this story and I'm just getting this information on the fly here in Japan, so will come back with more in a few days. Other vital statistics are the speeds and feeds. Here's a quick rundown:
• 505 A4 pages per minute or 1,010 duplex
• 4 to 24 million pages per month duty cycle
• 600x 600 dpi with 2-bit multi-level as an option
• Variable drop sizes from 7-12 picoliters
• 6.5" to 21.5" print widths
• Can use pre-printed stocks, inkjet and laser papers, and recycled newsprint
• Water-based dye and pigment inks
• Additional colors, including MICR are expected next year, with the new system coming available in the first few months of 2011.
There's quite a bit more to this story and some interesting thinking in this machine, so I'll be back with more thoughts. Stay tuned.