No Time to Sell?
I've recently started a series of free 15-minute monthly webinars called “Sales in 15.” When you register for tomorrow's ("How to Create an Effective Prospecting Process"*) you will be asked several questions as part of the enrollment process. There's nothing behind them other than to satisfy my sales curiosity.
I doubt that this will surprise anyone, but the Selling Owners who registered for the first program last month ("The Four Keys to Sales Success," which was recorded and is archived at epicomm.org) said that their number one sales challenge was not having enough time.
I hear this a lot.
Time management comes up in virtually every coaching call I do and most of the conference calls. We live busy lives.
For Selling Owners, the problem is even more pronounced. There's an old saying that you can work in the business or you can work on the business. Very often, owners who are the salespeople get so wrapped up in producing work that they fail to spend adequate time finding more.
The solution cannot be fully covered in a 250-word blog but I can tell you this:
- You need to make new business calls every day;
- Have a goal of making two sales calls before 9 o'clock in the morning;
- Keep a list of prospects handy at all times so that you can “prospect on a dime;”
- Focus on making two sales calls at a time. Do that all day and you might be surprised to find that you've made eight to 10 by days end!
It's an obvious thing to say, but you must be focused on new business to the point where you are generating new calls on a daily basis. Make it a priority, and do it early in the day, if not first thing. Otherwise, another day will go by and you'll hear yourself say, “Tomorrow I'm going to focus on new business, and this time I mean it!”
* To sign up for tomorrow's free Sales in 15 webinar, go to epicomm.org and click on “Events."
The next Sales Challenge program starts on the first Monday of the month. Use the promo code, “30for30” and try it out for a month, paying just $30. Go to www.TheSalesChallenge.com or call Bill at (781) 934-7036 for more information.
For further information, please visit BillFarquharson.com