Are You Missing These Five Sales Opportunities?
I’m always surprised that many print salespeople miss good opportunities to sell to me.
Here’s a checklist of sales opportunities that are often missed:
- Remind me of extra services you can offer (e.g. design, data management, fullfilment, etc.)
- Check if there is a better specification that I could be using (it helps if you have some case studies for this)
- Give me a run-on price, even if I don’t ask for it. Many customers don’t realize how little it costs them to get a few more printed
- Ask me about how I use the product, so you know when to call me to take my re-order
- Ask me when the next print project is coming up
Do you ask these questions to all of your customers?
p.s...Find out more ideas on how to increase sales with today’s buyers: download my free e-book “Ten Common Print Selling Errors and What To Do About Them.” You’ll also receive my regular "Views from the print buyer" bulletin, full of ideas on how to sell print effectively.
Many printing companies are frustrated how hard it is to engage buyers in today’s world. That’s where Matthew Parker can help. He is a gamekeeper turned poacher. Parker has bought print for more than 20 years and received over 1,400 print sales pitches. He now uses his buyer’s point of view to give practical advice to printers. He helps them engage with prospects and customers to create profitable relationships.
Download his free e-book, "Ten Common Print Selling Errors And What To Do About Them" and check out his recently launched book, "How To Succeed At Print Sales: Setting targets, planning the right activities and making sure goals are met."