Measuring Your Marketing Campaigns
Marketing campaigns are extremely useful for getting your business’s message out there and connecting with your customers and prospects, but what you put out there is only one half of the equation. The other half is what you get back in terms of metrics.
Measuring marketing metrics can seem like a mountain to climb. With so many different figures that can be measured, how do you know where to start? Ask yourself the following questions:
- What would I consider success for my marketing messages?
- Is my business looking for email subscriptions, increased sales, a certain number of new subscribers or some other result?
- What would tell me whether my business had achieved those aims?
- What are the statistics that would make that clear for me?
Those are the statistics you need to focus your efforts on. You might also look at:
- Email open and click-through rates
- Unsubscribe rates
- Visitor activity on your site
- How many leads convert to sales
- How much each marketing campaign costs per customer
- How much revenue is generated
These metrics can help you to understand what you're doing right and what you're doing wrong. Armed with that information you can fine-tune your marketing campaigns to do more of what works and re-evaluate what doesn't work.
By working out what you want to measure and how best to measure it, you can make the most of your metrics and treat them as valuable feedback to help your business work even more effectively.
John Foley Jr. is the CEO of interlinkONE and Grow Socially. John and his team help printers get on a strong path to marketing success. Their approach includes software solutions, consulting, Website development, marketing audits, and strategic marketing plans. interlinkONE’s software solutions for the print industry include their marketing automation platform, MAX, and ilinkONE V8. Learn more about MAX: Marketing Automation. Executed. by visiting MarketWithMAX.com, John at JohnFoleyJr.com, and his companies at interlinkONE.com and GrowSocially.com.