I Love Content! With the Right Strategy and Tools, You can Too!
- Set goals that define what you wish to achieve
- Map out how you can measure your success
- Create your content calendar, take your list of topics and divide throughout the months
- Outsource, assign, or reuse the content you have mapped out
- Distribute your content via multiple channels like social media, e-mail, and Website
- Measure and record the results
If keeping track of reusable content, distribution channels, or any other aspect of your strategy still seems overwhelming, I suggest looking into a software or application that can help manage your content and marketing campaigns.
The Right Tools
Lastly, I’d like to briefly highlight some of the great tools out there designed to help businesses create, organize, distribute, and love content (almost as much as I do). And the list is:
- Slideshare—This I particularly like because it makes reusing and repurposing content easy. Just upload a presentation, infographic, or document and share it online.
- Yoast—An awesome WordPress plugin that makes it easy to leverage the content on your Website for SEO success
- WriterAccess—Gives you access to thousands of freelance writers anywhere, any time
- PowToon—Switch up your content by creating animated videos to share online
- Storify—This tool is great for building timelines and telling stories by collecting content from multiple Websites and social channels
So there you have it, content marketing is not all that scary when you have the tools and strategy you need to get started. Of course I recognize that you probably won’t be wining and dining your content strategy this Valentine’s Day, well hopefully you won’t—but I hope I’ve made it a little easier for you to show content marketing the love it requires in 2014. Because if there’s one thing that’s certain, if you love growing your business, by Valentine’s Day next year, you will love content marketing.
John Foley Jr. is the CEO of interlinkONE and Grow Socially. John and his team help printers get on a strong path to marketing success. Their approach includes software solutions, consulting, Website development, marketing audits, and strategic marketing plans. interlinkONE’s software solutions for the print industry include their marketing automation platform, MAX, and ilinkONE V8. Learn more about MAX: Marketing Automation. Executed. by visiting MarketWithMAX.com, John at JohnFoleyJr.com, and his companies at interlinkONE.com and GrowSocially.com.