How’s Your Customer Satisfaction? Do an Employee Survey
Here are the nuts and bolts of an effective employee survey project.
- Top management sponsorship and support
- Go with an online survey to make it easy and inexpensive for everyone.
- Put a third party in the middle to respect the privacy of employees.
- Shoot for over 90 percent participation. You will probably get close to 100 percent.
- Create a simple, one page SWOT Report (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats)
- Have a plan in place that engages your team to acknowledge and take action.
If you are willing to take action on the feedback, then you are way ahead of the game. Most of the time there are little things that come out in the responses that when acted on, make a big difference to staff. Think of your customer survey responses. Most of the time there are little things you do to turn a customer into a passionate promoter of your brand. It is the same for middle management and staff.