Engage Audiences with Targeted Advertising on Social Media
- Get more page likes: Reach people who aren’t connected to your Page yet. You’ll be asked to design your ad including headline, body text and image.
- Promote page posts: Promote specific posts; giving you increased reach and increasing your chance of placement in news feeds.
- Get new users: Get more app installs for your Facebook App. Your ads will show to people who are more likely to install your apps.
- Increase attendance: Increase your Facebook Event responses. Your ads will appear to people more likely to join your events.
- Advanced options: See all creative and bidding options in one place. You can toggle your bidding options between CPM and CPC.
After creating your Facebook ads, you can define the desired profiles that will get to see your ads. Facebook provides detailed targeting tips to better reach specific profiles.
Listen before advertising on Twitter
Previously, there was no way to share tailored tweets to a select group of people but now advertisers can target their account and tweets by:
- Keywords in timeline
- Similarity to existing followers
- Device (e.g., mobile, desktop, etc.)
- Keyword search results
This functionality allows brands to reach specific audiences on Twitter without showing ads to all followers. For example, if a chain of stores plans different launch dates for several locations, then it can send tailored messages at various times, customized for the users. Mobile app providers who only want to reach customers on one device such as smartphones can do so without also sending the message to desktop users. Advertisers are also using various social listening tools to identify and group Twitter users commenting on particular subjects. Radian6 is one such tool that employs a Boolean formula (mathematical algorithm) for the keyword phrases chosen, which makes it easier to pull and quantify results later. You can customize your filtering preferences by language, media type, region and more.
Businesses can use Promoted Accounts to build active communities of followers who are advocates and influencers for their businesses. Promoted Tweets broaden the reach of their messages and help them engage with users who are not yet following them based on a variety of powerful targeting options. If you can tweet, you can advertise on Twitter. All you need is a Twitter account and a credit card. You’re in control of your ads, the audience you want to reach and, of course, your budget. Best of all, you will only be charged when people follow your promoted account or retweet, reply, favorite or click on your promoted tweets.