Dude! Seriously! Use Vistaprint!
3. If prospects tell you they use Vistaprint for legitimate business needs, like brochures or other collateral material, I think you need to ask a few qualifying questions to decide your next move.
- What do they like about Vistaprint?
- What could they be doing better?
- What kind of insight and personal interaction do you get?
- What if there is a problem?
And if they double down and say they have never been happier, maybe it’s time to move on. There are other fish in the sea whose values, needs and business plans will line up better with your offering.
So let’s leave off with lamenting the existence of Vistaprint and the like. They do what they do, so now you go and do what YOU do, and find yourself another big fish!
Blogger, author, consultant, coach and all around evangelist for the graphic arts industry, Kelly sold digital printing for 15 years so she understands the challenges, frustrations and pitfalls of building a successful sales practice. Her mission is to help printers of all sizes sell more stuff. Kelly's areas of focus include sales and marketing coaching, enabling clients to find engagement strategies that work for them and mentoring the next generation of sales superstars.
Kelly graduated from the University of Michigan with a degree in Political Science and, among other notable accomplishments, co-founded the Windy City Rollers, a professional women's roller derby league. She is also the mother of two sets of twins under the age of ten, so she fears nothing.