Consumer Trends are Your Friends! – Part I
In a recent article published by Forbes (“Ten Trends that are Wreaking Havoc on Brands”), Mark Potts indicated that there are 10 consumer trends wreaking havoc on brands. Looking at these trends from a print and media convergence point of view, it seems that a printer or print supplier can actually take advantage of some of these trends in order to gain business.
A similar article published by Contagious addresses many of these trends as well.
This week, I will summarize the trends and focus next week’s blog on the solutions you can offer via an integrated print, print Commercetm, or media convergence service.
1) Frustrated Nation. For reasons that are clearly stated in Potts’ article, people are simply tired, irritated and frustrated with institutions and corporations.
2) Human Touch. The need to have humans at the center of a brand experience.
3) Life on Pause. An introduction to altered-life stages, focusing on value and changing media behaviors.
4) Rising Stars. In short, veterans, women, ethnic groups and the LGBT community need to be addressed by consumers.
5) Generation Nice. Just as the description says, nice people are looking for corporations that are nice.
6) The New Tube. TV and the new TV—iTV, Vudu and others—will impact the playing field.
7) Pocket Money. In short, the eWallet is based on mobile-activated NFCs.
8) Visualize This. Creation of pleasing and useful visual content and infographics that give an overall visually compelling concept.
9) Backtrack. Go retro, baby, retro—feature childhood dreams and toys.
10) Life is a Game. Using playtime, fun and games to escape and enjoy life.
Can you see the trend within the trends? There is more interaction across more media sources and a strong suite of visual and content stimulation. Unless I am very, very wrong, there are a number of print-based media converged services and solutions that can be offered.
Thad Kubis is an unconventional storyteller, offering a confused marketplace a series of proven, valid, integrated marketing/communication solutions. He designs B2B or B2C experiential stories founded on Omni-Channel applications, featuring demographic/target audience relevance, integration, interaction, and performance analytics and program metrics.