A Happy Holidays to All My Readers
Here are a few guidelines for a successful seasonal break:
- Book a few days off. Put them in the company calendar and your diary and keep to them!
- Plan ahead and make sure any major jobs are organized in advance if the plant is operating while you are on a break
- Leave a voicemail and an auto-responder on your email. Explain either that the company is closed, or leave an alternative contact. Make sure you won’t be constantly on calls or emails when you should be relaxing
- Think about some personal or family plans for the year ahead to make sure you really don’t think about print during your time off
- If it is quieter than normal when you are back at work, set aside some time to plan for 2021
Most importantly, have a wonderful time with family and/or friends.
Best wishes for Christmas and the New Year and I’ll see you in 2021!
Many printing companies are frustrated how hard it is to engage buyers in today’s world. That’s where Matthew Parker can help. He is a gamekeeper turned poacher. Parker has bought print for more than 20 years and received over 1,400 print sales pitches. He now uses his buyer’s point of view to give practical advice to printers. He helps them engage with prospects and customers to create profitable relationships.
Download his free e-book, "Ten Common Print Selling Errors And What To Do About Them" and check out his recently launched book, "How To Succeed At Print Sales: Setting targets, planning the right activities and making sure goals are met."