Xerox Adds More Functionality to Its CiPress Production Inkjet Systems with MICR, Coating Options
NORWALK, CT—October 21, 2014—Xerox continues to add more flexibility and functionality to its CiPress Production Inkjet Systems with three new features—Magnetic Ink Character Recognition (MICR), an in-line coating system and an ink measurement and proofing tool.
These enhancements can open a new set of applications—such as checks, rebate coupons and financial forms—as well as more aesthetic, durable direct-mail pieces, while saving time and money.
CiPress’ MICR Print Module
- Prints MICR up to 500 feet-per-minute on standard untreated stocks allowing white paper in full-color check production.
- Enables field upgrades, which protect the investment of current users while expanding application opportunities for new customers.
- Prints mixed applications in the same run with MICR and non-MICR jobs; eliminates need for a dedicated MICR printer.
- Allows migration to digital color applications while adding the benefit of MICR on demand.
MEGTEC In-Line Aqueous Coating System
- Enhances applications with a high-gloss overlay for artistic value and added endurance to create attention-grabbing direct-mail pieces.
- Leverages widely available commercial coating fluids and offset coated and uncoated media to deliver economical high-impact pieces.
- Delivers simplex or duplex coating in-line at full printer speeds, maximizing productivity and efficiency without the labor and movement of materials associated with offline coating.
CiPress Ink Measurement and Proofing Tool
- Pre-determines the cost of ink usage on a job or page basis for more precise job estimation.
- Produces soft proofs of the printed output so jobs don’t have to run and be inspected on the press, saving time and improving workflow productivity.
The CiPress’ MICR Print Module, MEGTEC In-Line Aqueous Coating System and CiPress Ink Measurement and Proofing Tool are available immediately.
Xerox (NYSE: XRX) is a global business services, technology and document management company helping organizations transform the way they manage their business processes and information. Headquartered in Norwalk, CT, we have more than 140,000 Xerox employees and do business in more than 180 countries. Together, it provides business process services, printing equipment, hardware and software technology for managing information—from data to documents.