Win Today, Let Tomorrow Take Care of Itself - Short Attention Span Sales Tip
Have you ever heard the phrase, "Stay in the moment?" It refers to our tendency as humans to lament the past and worry about the future, all at the expense of missing the present. It’s not easy to do, believe it or not, as our minds race back and forth, up and down.
Salespeople, I got a different version of that advice for you: Win Today!
If you are not worried about your sales future, you are either confident to the point of being cocky, naïve, or too new to sales to know that you should be. As good as things might be right now, there is always next month’s and next quarter’s results to worry about.
Will that large order repeat and come your way?
Will that client finally get off the dime and send you a PO?
Will my numbers be there by the last day?
I’m here to tell you two things:
- First, do not focus on the results. Your attention should be on your sales activity. If you take care of that business, the results will follow.
- Second, bring your attention to the present moment and win today. That is, make it so you can look back on your day and proclaim it to be a success. How do you do that? Well, I’ll go into it in more detail on the video breakdown of this tip but here’s some quick advice:
- Begin the day with a plan;
- Identify your top three priorities;
- When you get distracted, get back on track ASAP;
- Meet or exceed your minimum sales activity goal*
- Create a plan for tomorrow before you go home.
Your long-term success is a function of stringing together one successful day after another.
Win today. Let tomorrow take care of itself. When tomorrow arrives, win it, too.
Focus on your sales activity and then set yourself up for success before you leave. Day after day, week after week of this thinking and practice, will yield your desired results.
*Wait, you don’t have one? You need one! Make it reasonable and achievable and then, go achieve it.
Click here or on the video above to watch this week's Short Attention Span Sales Tip.
Want more? Need sales? Check out the new SalesPro Fundamentals certification course at www.idealliance.org/salespro-fundamentals/
Need more sales activity? Go to: www.The90DaySalesBlitz.com
Bill Farquharson can be reached at 781-934-7036 or email@example.com