Tecnau's drupa Exhibits to Include New Finishing Solutions for Books, Commercial
BILLERICA, Mass. — April 12, 2016 — Building on its deep foundation in providing leading-edge, reliable solutions to transactional and direct-mail customers, Tecnau will continue its increasing focus on the books and graphic arts marketplaces during the upcoming drupa event in Düsseldorf, Germany, May 31-June 10.
Tecnau’s drupa exhibition mirrors its new product design investments in the books and commercial print marketplaces, as the company shows multiple equipment lines targeted toward customers in these segments:
- Highlighted in the Tecnau stand (Hall 8a, stand D63) is Libra One, providing book block assembly behind the new Canon Océ ColorStream 6000 Chroma. Libra One is a fully integrated and automated system, allowing variability from one book to the next in height, width, thickness and imposition. With Libra One’s ability to produce “books-of-one,” users can slash book stocks to zero, reducing dramatically paper waste and the risk of unsold inventory. The system enables users to reach new markets where short runs are mandatory, such as manuals, limited editions and new authors publishing.
- Tecnau announces general availability of the new Libra One CS, a Libra One model supporting sheet-fed operations. Libra One CS eliminates the manual guillotine process and automatically transforms single sheets up to 13x19˝ in size into pre-glued book blocks ready for in-line or near-line binding. The unit automatically changes from 2-up to 4-up imposition and back with no make-ready time, at a constant speed up to 16,000sph, even when running book of one production.
- Tecnau is excited to show for the first time its new Stacker s25, in conjunction with the established Cutter c23. The Stacker s25 features a new gripper technology to provide reliable, damage-free handling of heavy-ink-coverage graphic arts applications. Cutter c23 has dual rotary knives to sheet the web using single cut or variable double strip cut for full bleed color printing or removal of inkjet flush lines. Tecnau expects the Stacker s25 to be generally available during the third quarter of 2016.
- Also shown on the Cutter c23/Stacker s25 is Tecnau’s WebVision quality monitoring system. WebVision guarantees print quality, and goes beyond to offer significant data integrity and workflow testing capabilities.
- Tecnau presents in the stand an expanded version of Tecnau Connect (formerly known as PrePost Manager), a central platform to control the most complex Tecnau finishing lines, collect data and generate reports, enable remote technical support and perform essential integrity controls.
- Tecnau announces the new TC 7000 W cutter,supporting web widths up to 22˝. The guillotine cutter supports a wide range of media, from 50gsm up to 250gsm. As with all products in Tecnau’s TC 7000 series, it can be combined with multiple output solutions, including an offset stacker, a shingling conveyor and various third-party finishing devices.
- The company announces availability of two solutions for long-sheet cutting and stacking, the new Stacker s28 and High Pile Stacker h10. The Stacker s28 is based on the well-established Stacker s20 and is designed to collect up to 10 inch tall offset stacks of sheets, up to 28˝ long, with automatic job separation, in order to support the increasing demand for short run commercial print applications such as calendars, posters and banners. The High Pile Stacker h10 is aimed at higher-volume users, as it collects high piles up to 27˝ tall on a pallet for easy transport to further finishing. The Stacker h10 offers continuous delivery (with no pause for stack removal), supporting continuous print operations, and an optional cardboard feeder for job separation.
- Finally, Tecnau introduces NewsReady, an entry level solution for digitally-printed newspaper production. The modular design offers a high degree of flexibility for users, allowing the system to be configured for short run newspaper production and then changed over to 1up and 2up offset stack output such as books and commercial print applications. The reconfiguration is quick and simple and can be performed multiple times per day in order to maximize the utilization of continuous feed digital printers.
Comments Giuliano De Marco, Tecnau CEO, "Tecnau is excited to show leading-edge finishing solutions for books and commercial print at drupa 2016. Our drupa exhibition signals our commitment to provide users with solutions that allow them to fully exploit the opportunities presented by today’s high-speed inkjet printing engines.”
Tecnau will be announcing soon its multiple exhibitions with printing and finishing partners at drupa, where a number of additional new products will be unveiled.
Tecnau offers a complete product portfolio dedicated to paper handling, monitoring, processing and finishing for the digital printing industry. Tecnau is devoted to providing integrated solutions to support the broadest array of applications for transactional printing, transpromo, direct mail, publishing, graphic arts, book-on-demand and short-run. Global service and around-the-clock support help ensure its reputation as the industry’s reliability leader. Tecnau's products increase productivity, cut labor and paper costs, and even make new applications possible — Tecnau solutions truly empower digital print to help you do more with less.