Target, Google and iriver Team Up to Introduce a New eReader
MINNEAPOLIS—July 11, 2011—Beginning July 17, Target Corp. will be the exclusive retailer of the iriver Story HD, the first eReader device to be fully integrated with the Google eBooks platform. The device offers access to more than three million eBooks at no cost and thousands of additional titles for sale. The iriver Story HD, at $139.99, is the newest eReader with a high-resolution screen, long battery life and fast page-turn performance.
“Target strives to provide guests with exclusive access to the most innovative new products, and the iriver Story HD is no exception,” said Nik Nayar, vice president of Merchandising, “With the rapid advancements of eReaders and tablets, the iriver Story HD’s superior features and integration with Google eBooks sets it apart. Target is excited to bring this new eReader to our guests before any other retailer.”
iriver Story HD features:
- At 7.3 ounces, the iriver Story HD is the lightest eReader of its class.
- With 63.8 percent more pixels than other eReaders, the world’s first six-inch XGA (768x1024) E-Ink display offers revolutionary legibility.
- An advanced Cortex A8 chipset which provides high performance and fast response.
- A superior battery life enables users to select 14,000 of its non-glare pages, or simply keep the device on standby for up to six weeks, all on a single charge.
- Access to the Google eBookstore gives users unmatched access to millions of books, all easily and conveniently stored in an unlimited digital cloud.
- The slim and lightweight eReader features iriver's sleek, signature style, a QWERTY keypad, and a curve with two-tone colors at the front and back for easy grip and slim design.
“We are very excited to advance into the U.S. eReader market after a successful European launch,” remarked Chulmin Lee, chief operating officer of iriver Ltd. and president of iriver Inc. “We are confident of iRiver Story HD’s success in the United States, thanks to the great partnership we have with Google and Target, as well as iRiver Story HD’s outstanding quality.”
Minneapolis-based Target Corp. serves guests at 1,755 stores in 49 states nationwide and at Target.com. In addition, the company operates a credit card segment that offers branded proprietary credit card products. Since 1946, Target has given 5 percent of its income through community grants and programs; today, that giving equals more than $3 million a week.
iriver Ltd. is a global IT device powerhouse. Since its founding in 1999, iriver has become renowned for its product innovation, style-driven technology, and track record of market dominance. After producing many award-winning Portable Media devices, the company diversified its categories to include eReader, Tablet PC, VoIP Phone, and more. Iriver is making its presence felt in the European eReader market, including the U.K., Germany and Russia, as well as China. The company recently established a joint venture named “L&I” (L&I Electronic Technology Ltd.) with LG Display July, 2010, to reach new ground in the global eReader market. Iriver’s eReaders compete in both function and design, featuring iriver's sleek signature style and rich multimedia content. For more information on iriver and its product lines, please visit www.iriver.com.
Source: Target Corp.