Printer Reports Success with Second Specially-Configured 41" KBA Rapida 106
COMMACK, N.Y. — September 20, 2016 — A new specially-configured nine-color, 41˝ KBA Rapida 106 UV press — one of the few in the United States — is operating at peak capacity at Beyer Graphics, a leading New York pharmaceutical, cosmetic and over-the-counter packaging supplier. Recognizing the need to increase its capacity and maintain its high quality production, Beyer placed an order for this press, as well as a second new KBA Rapida 106 eight-color, 41" UV plus coater press last fall in a large $8.4 million capital investment — its first partnership with KBA.
Beyer took delivery earlier this year of the specially designed nine-color Rapida 106 press at its headquarters on Long Island, N.Y. The new press has a unique configuration of eight printing units plus a coater then two drying units plus another printing unit followed by another coater and a 12-foot extended delivery. Beyer’s first KBA press, an eight-color KBA Rapida 106 press with coater, was delivered in Nov. 2015.
“We are thrilled to be running our two new KBA high-performance presses side by side at our Commack facility,” says Dan Beyer, president of Beyer Graphics. “Our investment has enhanced our capabilities and is providing our customers with faster, more efficient, one-pass, higher quality work due to the fast press speeds and unique automation found on the presses. Our customers trust us to deliver a quality package when we say we’re going to deliver it. KBA has become a true partner in every sense. Its leadership and reputation in building quality presses is well deserved and its service and support has enabled us to differentiate ourselves from the competition.”
About Beyer Graphics
Since 1982, clients have counted on Beyer Graphics for creative packaging solutions. Founded in West Babylon, N.Y., by William Beyer Sr. as a provider of apparel packaging solutions, Beyer Graphics has grown and evolved into one of the leading printing and packaging design companies specializing in the pharmaceutical, cosmetics and apparel industries. Beyer Graphics produces approximately 20,000,000 structural, custom and folding boxes and cartons monthly for over-the-counter (OTC) pharmaceutical, vitamin, supplement and cosmetics clients from 71,000-square-foot facilities in Commack, N.Y. These facilities also provide electronic prepress services for apparel packaging solutions manufactured overseas via Beyer Graphics Far East, a Hong Kong subsidiary, and a partnership in Honduras, producing approximately seven million packages monthly. Today, pharmaceutical and cosmetics packaging comprise about 80 percent of the company’s operation and apparel packaging the remaining 20%.
KBA North America is located in Dallas, and is a member of the KBA Group. Established almost 200 years ago in Würzburg, Germany, Koenig & Bauer AG (KBA) is the oldest and second largest press manufacturer worldwide. KBA's banner, 'People & Print,' reflects its dual focus as a leading innovator for print entrepreneurs. The group's product range is the broadest in the industry; its portfolio includes sheetfed offset presses in all format classes, inkjet presses and systems, flexographic presses, commercial and newspaper web presses, special presses for banknotes, securities, metal-decorating, smart cards, glass and plastic decorating.