Scodix to Show Five Modular Digital Enhancement Accessory Tools at PRINT 13
CHICAGO—August 14, 2013—Scodix, the leading provider of digital enhancement solutions for the graphic arts industry, announced it will be exhibiting a complete array of digital enhancement accessory production tools at the upcoming PRINT 13 tradeshow. Headlining these offerings will be Scodix Metallic, which recently received a 2013 Printing Industries of America InterTech Technology Award. This prestigious annual award recognizes technological innovation and excellence in the commercial printing industry.
Scodix Metallic is a digital process that enables service providers and their customers to enhance their prints with metallic coloring by simply utilizing the CMYK color process via the Scodix SENSE digital press—all in a digital one-pass print process. In addition, Scodix will also be showcasing tools for applying glitter, variable printing, producing braille communications, and barcoding in its booth (#1921).
“The last 12 months have marked a tremendous growth period for the company,” noted Scodix Vice President of Marketing Ziki Kuly. “From Graph Expo last October to DSCOOP earlier this year, and of course China Print in May, we’ve been greeted by increasingly larger and more eager crowds. Worldwide, our message of differentiation through print enhancements that stimulate multiple senses has gained consistent increasing acceptance and approval. In fact, our customers have become our most influential sales channel. We’re more than pleased with our global sales, the breadth and depth of our product line, and the increase in visibility of our message throughout the print community.
Kuly also added that the company's mission is to enable its customers to significantly differentiate themselves through more sophisticated technology and services. “Our newest features enable users to take these services to the next level,” added Kuly. “And, since our enhancement products are modular and field-upgradeable, our customers can easily add these new enhancements, increasing their value-add capabilities.”
Highlighted Production Tools at PRINT 2013
Scodix is exhibiting five modular digital production tools for quickly and easily enhancing digitally printed images with production effects that make projects stand out:
- Digital Metallic: Scodix Metallic offers PSP’s and their customers the ability to enhance their prints with metallic coloring by simply utilizing the CMYK color process, and enhancing it with Scodix SENSE—all in a digital one-pass print process. Print providers can now offer their customers metallic coloring without incurring the exaggerated costs or extended time requirements of traditional foil stamping.
- Digital Glittering: Scodix Rainbow, is the world’s first in-house digital inkjet glittering station producing the Scodix Digital Glittering experience. Scodix is now the only supplier to deliver this one-of-a-kind glitter solution, creating new opportunities for photo-album covers, marketing communication materials, cosmetics and premium packaging, business cards, wedding invitations and other short-run applications.
- Digital Braille: The Scodix Inkjet-Braille printing technology is a breakthrough in providing communication tools for the blind and visually impaired. In addition to recreating standard raised Braille formats, the Scodix inkjet Braille technology can also match visual graphics to tactile graphics that provide an unlimited opportunity to teach and communicate complex items and concepts (such as scientific elements, maps, geometric shapes, pie charts, flow charts, animal forms and plants). Unlike regular Braille, the letters and shapes created by Scodix stay raised at the same height and never flatten.
- Variable Data Printing: Scodix is the world’s first and only digital print enhancement company offering VDP using clear polymer or digital glittering. Scodix S Series empowers a PSP with the ability to offer clients enhancement on personalized products down to a unit of one (i.e. greeting cards, direct mail, calendars and more), with glittering or Scodix SENSE clear polymer impact. And, each variable can be enhanced independently. In a new world of short runs, and high value proposition applications, personalized enhancements is key for success and high quality work.
- Barcoding: The Scodix Barcode System and software is used with VDP to guarantee data integrity on personalized jobs and enable each sheet to uniquely receive clear polymer on specific areas and type. In applications such as photo albums, users can apply clear polymer over an image or add a clear item on a page (chosen from easy-to-use templates). The Scodix Barcode reader is also useful to facilitate ganging production runs within your print workflow.
Scodix Ltd. is the leading provider of digital print enhancements for the graphic arts industry, offering the breakthrough Scodix SENSE experience and the Scodix Rainbow Station in the Americas, Europe, Middle-East, Asia and Africa. The company’s aim is to lead print enhancement into the digital age and to be known for its passion and commitment to providing what our customers need the most—true brand differentiation for today’s highly competitive printing environment.