Quad Installs Offset Press from Drent Goebel at NJ Facility to Optimize Its Direct Mail Platform
SUSSEX, WI—December 22, 2014—Quad/Graphics, a leading direct marketing provider with expertise in the retail, healthcare, financial, and insurance verticals, has announced the installation of a Drent Goebel Vision offset printing press at its location in Westampton, NJ. The addition of the hybrid press at the company’s high-volume Northeast region production center optimizes the company’s direct mail production platform. Clients now have greater flexibility in the size and complexity of superior quality mail pieces that drive personalized engagement with customers.
"When we implement technologies such as this press, we help our clients remain ahead of the competition and maximize their return on marketing expenditures," said Steve Jaeger, president of direct marketing for Quad/Graphics. "Our investment in this advanced technology provides best-in-class solutions that create highly impactful, personalized and cost-effective direct marketing programs that drive results."
With the short-makeready web offset printing press, clients gain a competitive edge in maximizing the customization, visual appeal, and customer interaction of their direct mail pieces.
- In-line diecutting module creates attractions like windows, pull tabs, and pop-ups to better target consumers with meaningful, relevant offers that increase response rates.
- Impact of each direct mail piece is fortified with exact color replication and vivid color consistency.
- Unique formats are produced with near limitless imaging lengths and an oversized 20" web width.
- Production time can be cut on repeat orders by as much as 70 percent with an information management system that stores and retrieves key settings and job specifications.
- Makeready waste can be cut by up to 50 percent, reducing paper costs.
- Faster turnaround is achieved due to a 35 percent decrease in makeready time.
The offset press works seamlessly with Quad/Graphics’ digital workflow tools to quickly and accurately print customized content. It is also equipped with UV drying and specialty gluing and coating capabilities, enabling the facility to deliver complete laser lettershop packages under one roof.
The addition of this technology rounds out Quad/Graphics’ suite of offset presses operating in the company’s Direct Marketing division, enhancing the potential for lower postage and freight cost, and faster in-home delivery for East Coast regional customers. Quad/Graphics prints millions of targeted direct marketing pieces each month to meet customers’ around-the-clock production needs across the country.
Quad/Graphics (NYSE: QUAD), a leading global printer that is redefining print in today's multichannel media world by helping marketers and publishers capitalize on print’s ability to complement and connect with other media channels. With consultative ideas, worldwide capabilities, leading-edge technology and single-source simplicity, Quad/Graphics has the resources and knowledge to help its clients maximize the revenue they derive from their marketing spend through channel integration, and minimize their total cost of print production and distribution through a fully integrated national distribution network. The Company provides a diverse range of print solutions, media solutions and logistics services from multiple locations throughout North America, Latin America and Europe.