PRINTING United Alliance Presents the Color Ready! Virtual Conference
PRINTING United Alliance today announces that registration is open for the next installment of the Color Ready! Virtual Conference series. The interactive conference will be held each day the week of September 21-25, 2020 from 2-3 pm ET. Those interested in participating may register online here.
“Color is a hot topic. In an ideal world, printed color would appear exactly as customers envision regardless of the process, though anyone who works frequently with color knows that is not always the case,” says Joe Marin, Senior Vice President, Education and Training, PRINTING United Alliance. “The presenters for this virtual series were hand-selected to best equip attendees with the latest tools and techniques to produce the intended color. The live, interactive conference format allows attendees to ask the necessary questions to implement specific processes into their own unique operation.”
Color Ready! Virtual Conference Schedule
The weeklong lineup of color-focused sessions are presented by the foremost names in the space and is geared toward anyone involved in color throughout the lifecycle of a printed job, including designers, prepress professionals, salespeople, and CSR. The Color Ready! session schedule is as follows:
Mon., 9/21 – 2 pm ET
“Color Foundations,” presented by Don Hutcheson, President, HutchColor, LLC
- The theory and psychology of color
- Color spaces and gamut considerations
- Color deficiency and viewing
- Color reproduction -- what's possible and what's not
Tues., 9/22 -- 2 pm EDT
“Assessing and Communicating Color,” presented by Joe Marin, Senior Vice President, Education and Training; and Ray Weiss, Director of Digital Print Programs, PRINTING United Alliance
- The three ways color goes wrong and how to identify them
- Proper terminology and how to communicate color effectively
- How to evaluate color visually through examples
- How to evaluate color scientifically with measurement devices
Wed., 9/23 -- 2 pm EDT
“Color Correction Made Easy,” presented by Ben Starr, Color Technology and Workflow Expert, colormanagement.com
- Tips and tools to get the best images in Photoshop
- Why and how to color correct in the RGB color space
- How to get the very best, most natural flesh tones
Thurs., 9/24 -- 2 pm EDT
“Getting the Right Color in PDFs,” presented by Birgit Plautz, Manager of Technical Services, GMG Americas
- Why outstanding color begins with native files
- Adobe CC "canned" PDF presets and how they impact color
- PDF standards, color settings, what each setting is, and what it does
- Solid starting points for PDF settings for digital and offset printing
Fri., 9/25 -- 2 pm EDT
“Managing Spot Colors in a Digital World,” presented by Dan Gillespie, Director of Technical Services, Alder Color Solutions
- Understanding Pantone spot colors and limitations with digital printing
- Defining spot colors to match your design files with your RIP
- Getting the best match using your printer's full gamut
- How to match custom colors using spot colors
To learn more about the Color Ready! Virtual Conference, click here.
About PRINTING United Alliance
PRINTING United Alliance is the new entity borne of the merger between Specialty Graphic Imaging Association (SGIA) and Printing Industries of America (PIA). In a milestone in the printing industry, SGIA and PIA officially combined in 2020 to create the largest, most comprehensive member-based printing and graphic arts association in the United States.
Members now have unparalleled access to preeminent education, training, workshops, events, research, government and legislative representation, safety and environmental sustainability guidance, as well as resources from the leading media company in the industry – NAPCO Media.
PRINTING United Alliance produces the PRINTING United Expo and Conference, the most influential days in printing. The expansive display of technology and supplies, education, programming, and services are showcased to the industry at large, and represents all market segments in one easily accessed place. In 2020, PRINTING United introduced the PRINTING United Digital Experience. For more information, visit PRINTINGUnited.com.