PODi Receives Clemson University’s 2010 Corporate Appreciation Award
Rab Govil, President of PODi, says, “The future of printing is being shaped in Clemson’s Graphic Communications program. PODi believes in the importance of supporting the talent, innovation, and drive of this next generation. We’re honored to receive the award, but our greatest joy is seeing the many Clemson conference interns who have worked with us at our AppForum conference, singled out for recognition.” 2010 Clemson honorees included these AppForum alums:
• Frederick Tyler Simon Scholarship – Ann Digiorgio
• David O. Sheriff Scholarship; Edgar H. Snider Memorial Scholarship; Undergraduate GC Major Most Helpful to Others – Meghan Foley
• Graphic Communications Faculty Award of Excellence; Gutenburg Award; Gravure Education Foundation Scholarship; David O. Sheriff Jr. Annual Scholarship; Print & Graphics Scholarship Foundation – David Leininger
• Thomas F. Chapman Leadership Scholarship – Robert “Drew” McWhorter
• Pitman Scholarship; Most Creative Undergraduate GC Major Award – Kate Selfridge
Other recipients of Clemson’s 2010 Corporate Appreciation Awards included Pageflex by Bitstream, HIFLEX, Ahahi Photoproducts, Omet s.r.l., and Mimaki USA.
PODi (www.podi.org) is a vendor neutral industry initiative with hundreds of member companies, including Executive Board members EFI, HP, Pitney Bowes and Xerox. The organization’s goal is to drive demand for marketing applications powered by digital print & help members build successful digital print businesses. Membership in PODi is open to companies and organizations involved in digital printing.
About the Department of Graphic Communications at Clemson University A hands-on philosophy underscores all of Clemson's GC (http://graphics.clemson.edu ) activities, and is a significant factor in the program's ability to prepare practical, problem-solving people ready to move into the 21st Century.