Printing Industries of America Opens Nominations for William D. Schaeffer Environmental Award
PITTSBURGH—January 22, 2016—Printing Industries of America (PIA) opened nominations for the William D. Schaeffer Environmental Award. Established in 1990, this award is named for environmental pioneer and researcher, Dr. William D. Schaeffer, who is celebrated in the industry for his contributions to environmental issues. The deadline for submissions is March 6, 2016.
The award is given to an individual, not a company, who has made significant contributions to the printing industry from an environmental perspective. It includes those involved in any type of printing operation, suppliers, or trade associations associated with the printing, publishing, and packaging industry.
Schaeffer Award qualifications include:
- A focus on advancing environmental awareness and action in the graphic communication industry
- Long-term efforts that resulted in successful environmental programs and improvements
- Encouragement of sustainable business practices as part of a continuous improvement program
- Contribution of industry assistance with EPA and OSHA regulations
- Pioneering efforts or creation of an original development that results in improvement in sustainability
The Schaeffer Award recipient is honored with an engraved plaque before a prestigious group of peers and industry leaders during Printing Industries of America’s Spring Administrative Meetings on June 6, 2016.
For detailed information on candidate eligibility and how to submit a nomination, visit the Schaeffer Award page, download a nomination form, or contact Kayleigh Smith, Individual Award Programs Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.