Onevision Software with Automation Suite for Wide and Super Wide Format
BERLIN, Germany - May 2, 2018 - OneVision, is showing its solutions for the printing industry, not only in the booth of its technology partner Canon Deutschland, but also in its own booth. The Wide Format Automation Suite in particular will be the focus of attention at the trade fair for large format printing in Berlin from May 15-18, 2018.
Just in time for FESPA, the Regensburg-based company is releasing its new software version 18.1 of the automation software for large format printers, which contains new nesting features in particular: Fully automated nesting is now also possible for print files of print products that are printed on both sides. Thanks to automated intersection line merging, the number of intersection lines and thus the cutting time is considerably reduced. In addition, spot colors can now be extracted from PDF files. For example, cut lines or white masks can be automatically removed for printing and at the same time a separate file can be created with only the spot colors for further processing – e.g. by a cutter. The automation of this task speeds up production times.
"The automation of the production workflow is becoming increasingly important for our customers, who produce a wide variety of applications on our printing systems. We are meeting these requirements more and more with the close cooperation with OneVision. So a full automation of data acceptance, data checking and data preparation up to the printing system is possible. This makes it possible to achieve quick and lasting effects when considering the commercial aspects of production" Mathieu Peeters, marketing director B2B Canon Deutschland GmbH, comments on the successful cooperation with OneVision.
However, the cooperation and automation does not end with printing, but continues during the cutting process. At the OneVision booth, various print products made of rigid and flexible material, prepared and nested with OneVision software, will be cut live on site with the Océ ProCut G3 2500L.
A prime example of the successful cooperation between Canon and OneVision is the Swabian print service provider Siepro KG, which uses both the Océ Colorado and the Wide Format Automation Suite. “Using the suite allows us to work significantly more flexibly, saving time and cost” explains Michael Hiemann. Although the large format printer already received about 90% of its data in a good format, the remaining 10% usually had to be "manually" improved. This is now completely done by the Wide Format Automation Suite. Thanks to the smooth workflow, the large format printer can continue to cope well with the enormous increase in print jobs without having to make any personnel adjustments.
The preceding press release was provided by a company unaffiliated with Printing Impressions. The views expressed within do not directly reflect the thoughts or opinions of Printing Impressions.