On Demand Expo 2011 Show Highlights Previewed
NEWTON, MA—March 15, 2011—Questex Media, producers of the On Demand 2011 Exposition has released an overview of the many highlights of the upcoming trade show (March 22-24 at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center, Washington, DC). This year’s event targets digital service providers by showcasing new technologies, proven business strategies and potential new revenue streams.
More than any other year, the 2011 show is dedicated to broadening the attendee’s scope and understanding in an evolving marketplace. For more information, go to www.ondemandexpo.com.
Keynotes & General Sessions
The show will kick off with InfoTrend’s Jim Hamilton on Tuesday (March 22nd at 8:30 am) who will present “What's New at On Demand,” helping attendees to take full advantage of the show’s many offerings. The show will also feature two dynamic keynote speakers:
• Opening Day Keynote (Tuesday, March 22nd at 9:00 am): Rob Covey, SVP content development & design, National Geographic Digital Media will present “Transforming a Publishing Icon.”
• Day 2 Keynote (Wednesday, March 23rd at 9:00 am): Charlie Corr, vice president, Corporate Strategy, Mimeo.com will present “The New Era of Printing & Publishing On Demand,”
Each keynote presentation is designed to set the tone for an aggressive event that aims to focus greater attention upon the real-world transformation the marketplace is undertaking.
Exhibit Floor Pavilions
This year’s exhibit floor will showcase three different dedicated pavilions:
• Mailing & Fulfillment Pavilion: Offers attendees insight into the latest equipment and software in production mode for incorporating mailing and fulfillment services, and is supported by nearly 20 participants.
• Wide-Format Pavilion: New to the exhibit floor in 2011, the wide-format pavilion will highlight technologies and solutions for wide-format applications. The pavilion will especially appeal to the many digital service providers investigating expanded revenue streams that will easily meld with their established production workflows.
• Publishing & Marketing Pavilion: Also new in 2011, digital service providers will be introduced to the innovative tools, technologies, and available solutions that are transforming the publishing and marketing landscape. With marketing clients demanding an increasingly broader reach via social and wireless networks, this pavilion will exhibit the many innovations available today.
These pavilions are in addition to the many other solution providers located on the On Demand Expo and info360 exhibit floors.
For many, networking forums are the most effective educational outlets. This year’s show includes two such events where professionals from every facet of the industry will be encouraged to mingle and share ideas. Attendees will be encouraged to network at the:
• Welcome Reception: Open to all badge holders, this reception will close the first day’s events (Tuesday, March 22nd from 5:00 pm-6:30 pm) by offering complimentary beverages and hors d' oeuvres. It will be located on the 3rd Floor Foyer, in ballrooms B & C.
• Publish or Perish Game Show: At the close of the 2nd day (Wednesday, March 23rd at 5:00 pm), attendees can attend the industry's longest-running game show, hosted by industry veteran Chuck Weger. Two teams of contestants will be chosen from the audience with a chance to compete for glory and honor.
About Questex Media Group
Questex Media Group LLC is a global, diversified business-to-business integrated media and information provider, headquartered in Newton, MA. Questex serves several industries including technology, telecommunications, beauty, spa, travel, hospitality, leisure, home entertainment, landscape design, building services, and natural resources through a range of well-established, market-leading publications, events, interactive media, research, information and integrated marketing services.
The company's media properties include over 100 print and digital media publications, 45 conferences, tradeshows and events, as well as a range of research, data and information products. The company’s businesses are managed through operating companies including Questex Media Group; InfoTrends, Inc., Imaging Networks, and; McLean Events International, Ltd, a world-leading producer of appointment-based events. The company’s combined operations include more than 400 employees in offices throughout North America, South America, Asia and Europe. For more information, visit www.questex.com.
For more information about the On Demand Exposition, go to www.ondemandexpo.com.
Source: press release.