OKI Data to Show Its Digital Production Printers for Short-Run Commercial Applications at GRAPH EXPO
MOUNT LAUREL, NJ—September 26, 2014—OKI Data Americas announces its participation in the upcoming GRAPH EXPO 14 tradeshow and conference taking place September 28 through October 1, 2014, at McCormick Place in Chicago. There in booth 4231, OKI Data will be demonstrating its new and expanding product line of digital production printers developed to serve short-run commercial applications.
New to GRAPH EXPO 14, OKI will introduce the C711DW – a high-quality digital color label printer with finishing system. OKI Data will also debut a new envelope feeder accessory for two of its digital color printers from the C900 series. The roll-up, conveyer design has simple adjustments that make it easy to connect to the C941dn and C931dn, and delivers up to 70 envelopes/min.
In addition, and together with OKI Data, Kompac Technologies will be demonstrating its new Kompac Elite Label 9 – a small footprint, desktop unit aqueous coating system made to create premium labels with low cost substrates.
The following products will be demonstrated within booth 4231:
- The C711DW Digital Web Press is the latest addition to an expanding line of digital label printers from OKI Data Americas. Together with the HS711DLF, these devices create full color finished labels on-demand and with ease, incorporating digital die cutting and film lamination to deliver a complete, cost-effective, digital label printing production system. The C711DW utilizes OKI label management software from HYBRID Software as a front-end solution, plus Proactive server and Harlequin™ raster image processor (RIP). It prints at up to 25 ft./min. in continuous feed mode, and handles a variety of media including paper, polyester, vinyl and adhesive-backed substrates at widths of 6.5 to 8.5" and a maximum outside roll diameter of 14" on a 3" core to meet a wide array of label printing needs. The complete, short-run label printing system is offered at a fraction of the cost of other digital presses.
- OKI pro511DW Digital Web Press – The OKI pro511DW digital web press delivers dazzling color, digital precision and the capacity to produce thousands of production-quality full color labels per day. Like the C711DW, the pro511DW utilizes OKI label management software from HYBRID Software as a front-end solution. Enhanced features and functionality include a Proactive server, Harlequin RIP, and a heavy duty rewinder with a pre-assembled slitter. It delivers fast, customized continuous web printing with exceptional color quality, plus easy operation in both continuous and cut sheet modes, and produces HD color printing for breathtaking output – even on ordinary paper. The pro511DW also supports variable data printing for optimum productivity.
- C941dn and C931dn – Part of the new C900 Series of production-quality, full color A3 devices, the C941dn and C931dn offer innovative features and functionality to meet the unique needs of the graphic arts market. Both models have game-changing media handling capabilities including transparent media, magnets, banners and heavyweight cardstock, and are supported by an optional Harlequin raster image processor (RIP). In addition, the C941dn includes an industry-first LED five station toner configuration with cyan, magenta, yellow and black, plus white or clear in the fifth position. These devices can print on 3” by 5” cards to 10” by 13” envelopes with a laser safe toner, and will be shown with its new envelope feeder accessory.
- iSys Label EDGE 850 Digital Label Printer – This drum and chemical label printing solution was recently Section 3 Certified to print Globally Harmonized System (GHS)-compliant drum and chemical labels according to BS5609 standards. The roll-to-roll EDGE 850 prints die-cut labels on demand and with ease, producing stable output that is resistant to water, chemicals, fading and smudges in accordance with GHS classification. The two compliant solutions include the polyester and biaxially-oriented polypropylene synthetic films.
- Kompac Elite Label 9 – A small footprint aqueous coating system, this new unit is made to create premium labels with low cost substrates. Easy to operate with a digital control panel, the coating process takes as little as two minutes. This unit has a max coating width of 9” by any length and a max coating speed of 80 ft./min.
“OKI Data is excited to attend GRAPH EXPO 14 and to introduce OKI’s new and expanded product line fit for short-run, light-production printing,” said Rich Egert, General Manager of the Strategic Technology Provider business group for OKI Data Americas. “Attendees whom visit OKI’s booth will be impressed by the range of capabilities and quality of the output from these devices; they can expand or supplement businesses’ digital printing capabilities, delivering high-quality materials quickly, easily and cost-effectively.”
GRAPH EXPO invites the world’s Graphic Communications Industry to gather in the largest print market in the world to find the trending business solutions and exciting new profit opportunities. At the “Integrate” themed GRAPH EXPO 14, covering print, online and mobile, show attendees will experience the full range of equipment, products and services.
The C711DW, pro511DW and pro900DP are part of the impressive OKI proColor™ Series—a line of high quality digital color printers that serves the graphic arts, production, specialty printing and imaging technologies industries. The OKI proColor Series of commercial grade digital color printers delivers professional, production-quality color output and color accuracy powered by industry leading RIP solutions from Global Graphics Software and EFI on select models. All are revolutionizing digital printing within their respective product categories.
OKI Data products are built on parent company OKI Data Corporation’s history of leadership and innovation. Most of OKI Data’s color printing solutions feature Single Pass Color™ as well as proprietary digital LED and HD Color technologies. These technologies allow OKI Data Americas to manufacture products that require fewer moving parts for increased reliability and outstanding color output quality.
About OKI Data Americas
OKI Data Americas, headquartered in Mount Laurel, NJ, and a subsidiary of OKI Data Corporation of Japan, markets PC peripheral equipment and customized solutions under the OKI brand, including digital color and monochrome printers and multifunction products, serial impact dot matrix printers, thermal label and POS printers, as well as a full line of options, accessories and consumables. OKI Data Americas serves the graphic arts and production and specialty printing markets with the OKI proColor Series digital production printers. In addition, its Multimedia Production Platform category of production-quality A3 color devices meets a wide-range of graphic arts and commercial printing needs. Utilizing Genuine OKI toner ensures consistent, reliable and high-quality output that maximizes performance. OKI Data offers a broad portfolio of products built to optimize managed print engagements. OKI Data Americas takes a consultative approach to supporting every customer's needs and delivering individualized print solutions that optimize business performance. The company's innovative technology is backed by Tokyo-based parent company OKI Electric Industry, a leader in telecom, infrastructure and mechatronics systems; and an approximately $4.7 billion multinational corporation according to its FY 2013 financial reporting. Keeping its customers' needs top of mind, OKI Data Americas is ISO 9001:2008 certified and offers a selection of ENERGY STAR certified products.
Source: OKI Data Americas.