Kodak Prinergy Workflow 8 Enhanced to Increase Flexibility
ROCHESTER, N.Y. — November 16, 2016 — Kodak has announced significant enhancements across its Unified Workflow Solutions (UWS) portfolio including the new Prinergy Workflow 8. With integrated offset and digital workflow, expanded proofing capabilities and improved workflow automation, Kodak customers will now be able to further reduce material costs and increase productivity while improving quality and better leveraging digital equipment.
Prinergy Workflow 8, Kodak’s flagship product now offers a single workflow for both offset and digital printing to maximize efficiency and productivity with reduced turnaround times. In addition, it includes the new universal Digital Job Ticket Editor, the industry’s first workflow that enables production decisions based on real-time press information. The integration of Prinergy Workflow 8 with presses from Ricoh, Konica Minolta, Landa and Komori enable an advanced level of centralized digital device control and automation.
Enhanced Packaging Capabilities: The UWS software upgrades have been optimized for Kodak’s packaging customers, enabling them to take advantage of one of the industry’s fastest growing markets. The most demanding brand owners will benefit from superior product quality with these new improved capabilities:
- MAXTONE SX Screening for four-color applications delivers higher resolution and greater control for top quality packaging.
- Support for XMP Screening assignments from other workflow systems, enabling Kodak customers to use industry leading screening technologies through automation.
- Compliance with the latest Ghent Workgroup packaging industry standards, enabling the world-wide consistency demanded by multi-national brands.•
PANDORA Step-and-Repeat Software: New SMART Layout technology cuts layout creation from hours to minutes, reduces down time with Die Waste Smart Mark and reduces paper waste with Split Color Bar Smart Mark.
COLORFLOW Software: New G7 certification enables print-service providers to expand their customer base to a global level.
Additional UWS Software Enhancements:
INSITE Prepress Portal:
- Now supports Prinergy Workflow’s Preflight+ which allows print-service providers to detect and correct errors upon job submission
- HTML5 replaces flash components providing a better user experience
PREPS Imposition Software: raises the productivity bar again with automation capabilities that have never been done before:
- Custom fold pattern enhancements for web and ribbon printing signatures
- Shingling and bottling rule management
- Smart collation marks
"Our Prinergy Workflow 8 portfolio is a testimony to Kodak’s commitment to our customers. We continuously improve our offering to provide state-of-the-art workflow solutions that enable customers to stay ahead of the competition,” says Allan Brown, VP and general manager of Kodak’s Unified Workflow Solutions. “Our customers now have powerful new tools like a single integrated workflow, and the ability to reduce material waste and job turnaround times better enabling them to focus on growth.
Kodak is a technology company focused on imaging. We provide — directly and through partnerships with other innovative companies — hardware, software, consumables and services to customers in graphic arts, commercial print, publishing, packaging, electronic displays, entertainment and commercial films, and consumer products markets. With our world-class R&D capabilities, innovative solutions portfolio and highly trusted brand, Kodak is helping customers around the globe to sustainably grow their own businesses and enjoy their lives.