NAPCO Research Launches Commercial Printing Industry Trends and Strategy Research Service
NAPCO Research, a division of PRINTING United Alliance — the most comprehensive member-based printing and graphic arts association in the U.S. — announces the launch of its annual Commercial Print Industry Trends and Strategy Research Service. This new subscription-based service assesses the state of the commercial printing industry. It is designed to help technology providers understand product investment trends, take advantage of new opportunities, and address industry challenges.
"This innovative new service assesses the state of the commercial printing marketplace through surveys to commercial print service providers (PSPs) and print buyers across various industries,” says Nathan Safran, VP, research, NAPCO Media. “More than 500 respondents participated in the initial research: more than 360 buyers of commercial printing and nearly 150 commercial PSPs. This vital research can be used by OEMs, vendors, and hardware and software suppliers to access current hardware ownership and investment intentions in the coming year, anticipated market trends in the coming year, and more.”
Key findings include:
- NAPCO Research estimates that U.S. commercial printers’ capital investments in 2021 totaled between $1.29 and $1.32 billion as print sales were expected to increase 5.5% to 5.6%.
- Overall, more commercial printers plan to invest in digital over offset equipment, for both sheetfed and roll-fed presses, with inkjet presses being the top investment area.
- Transactional documents are growing 6.6% annually.
- The average increase in response rates by personalizing print is 12%.
- Buyers report increasing order frequencies for print applications.
Other topics this service covers include:
- How and when print providers plan to purchase, and trends year over year.
- Key communication and print spending market trends.
- Application demands and trends that influence investments and requirements.
- Understanding and using research and analysis on how equipment needs and buying intentions are evolving in tandem with changing print demand and trends.
- Identifying and understanding substrate use and hurdles.
- Highlighting key opportunities for hardware, software, substrate, and consumables suppliers.
- Aligning survey findings with economic data and insight to provide a macro-economic view.
For more information about the service and for details on how to subscribe, contact Nathan Safran at email@example.com.
Join PRINTING United Alliance
For more information about PRINTING United Alliance and how to engage with key research like the new Commercial Print Industry Trends and Strategy Research Service, visit printing.org/join.
About NAPCO Research
NAPCO Research crafts custom data-centric solutions that leverage our highly engaged audiences across the markets in which we operate, our industry subject matter experts and in-house research expertise. We partner with our clients to identify their unique business problem and create solutions that enable deeply informed decision-making. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to talk with our analysts to find out how we can help you with your research needs.
About PRINTING United Alliance
PRINTING United Alliance is the most comprehensive member-based printing and graphic arts association in the United States, comprised of the vast communities which it represents. The Alliance serves industry professionals across market segments with preeminent education, training, workshops, events, research, government and legislative representation, safety, and environmental sustainability guidance, as well as resources from the leading media company in the industry – NAPCO Media. Now a division of PRINTING United Alliance, Idealliance is the global leader in standards training and certification for printing and graphic arts operations across the entire industry supply chain.
PRINTING United Alliance also produces the PRINTING United Expo, the most influential days in printing. The expansive display of technology and supplies, education, programming, and services are showcased to the industry at large, and represents all market segments in one easily accessed place.