Muller Martini to Present SigmaLine, the Digital Solution for Ultra-short Runs at Hunkeler Innovationdays
The downstream, compact SigmaTower cooling tower ensures proper cooling of perfect-bound books and provides optimal curing of the adhesive prior to trimming. Books are then neatly trimmed on the fully automated SigmaTrimmer, which utilizes a patented principle with three independently driven knife elements and can trim books of varying sizes and thicknesses.
Products are tracked from the perfect binder to the three-knife trimmer in a copy-specific manner by the intelligent control system with data-relevant trim data provided for every copy. Of particular note is the improved trimming technology featured on the SigmaTrimmer.
Cuts are now made in the swing-cut process, against a cutting stick, as is the case with Muller Martini’s high-performance three-knife trimmers. This achieves final product quality that meets the stringent demands of industrial book production.
In addition to SigmaBinder, SigmaTower and SigmaTrimmer, SigmaLine also includes:
• SigmaPress. Totally integrated within the SigmaLine system, provides continuous-feed operation and printing of each job in a single pass.
• SigmaFolder. Produces 4-, 8-, 12- and 16-page folded signatures with extremely high accuracy.
• SigmaCollator. Gathers the folded signatures and instantly delivers them to the SigmaBinder for finishing.
• SigmaStitcher. Produces up to 6,000 saddle-stitched products per hour.
• SigmaControl. Utilizes a JDF interface to combine and coordinate all functions of the printing and binding process.
About Muller Martini
Muller Martini is the world’s largest producer of print finishing solutions for commercial and book printers, trade binderies and newspapers as well as short-run and digital book manufacturers. Muller Martini is also the world market-leading manufacturer of variable size web offset presses. The company is the foremost provider of innovative workflow solutions that can empower printers and binding specialists to enhance processing efficiencies, increase profitability and build new revenue streams. Muller Martini Corp., with U.S. headquarters in Hauppauge (Long Island), New York, serves as the leading source for bindery and printing expertise in the United States, providing nationwide sales and service support and customer-specific training and responsive service to printers and binderies coast-to-coast. The company operates a state-of-the-art manufacturing center in Newport News, Virginia along with Muller Martini Mailroom Systems, Inc., a comprehensive sales and manufacturing facility in Allentown, PA.