Mohawk to Introduce Solutions for Wide-Format Inkjet Segment at SGIA Expo
COHOES, N.Y. — September 8, 2016 — Mohawk, North America’s largest privately-owned manufacturer of fine papers, envelopes and specialty substrates for commercial and digital printing, continues to expand its wide-format inkjet portfolio to meet the needs of the growing display graphics market. Mohawk will introduce the new wide-format inkjet products at the 2016 SGIA Expo (booth #1597), September 14-16, in Las Vegas.
Mohawk introduces a total of six new products to expand its wide-format inkjet portfolio, including three economy lightblock products, one Dupont Tyvek product, and two magnetic products. New items are optimized for Solvent/Eco-Solvent, Latex and UV-Cured inks, are compatible across multiple ink types, and are designed to support a wide variety of printing applications.
New items include:
- Wide-Format Inkjet Textured Lightblock Economy Film: Innovative economy lightblock film optimized for Eco-Solvent, Latex and UV-Cured inkjet print applications: Available in 9,12.2 and 19.5 mil. Featuring vinyl face and polyester backing, a highly stable product that resists heat and lays flat. Anti-slip coating for reliable print results. Suitable for indoor and outdoor use for a variety of signage applications.
- Wide-Format Inkjet Dupont Tyvek 11 mil: Optimized for Solvent, Eco-Solvent, Latex and UV-Cured print applications: Available in 11 mil, lightweight, tear and weather-resistant, suitable for signs, banners, maps, guides and other durable documents
- Wide-Format Inkjet Magnetic Indoor Strength: A flexible magnetic product coated with a revolutionary printable surface optimized for Solvent, Eco-Solvent, Latex and UV-Cured print applications: Available in 15 caliper, the product is 100% recyclable, contains no plasticizers and features a clear matte back coating. Eliminates curling, rough edges and separation.
- Wide-Format Inkjet Magnetic Outdoor Strength: A flexible magnetic product coated with a revolutionary printable surface optimized for Solvent, Eco-Solvent, Latex and UV-Cured print applications: Available in 30 caliper, 100% recyclable, contains no plasticizers and features a clear matte back coating. Eliminates curling, rough edges and separation. Suitable for indoor or outdoor use.
Samples of the new wide-format products will be showcased both in the Mohawk booth at SGIA (booth #1597) and will be highlighted as demos or pre-printed samples at original equipment manufacturers in attendance at SGIA, including, HP, EFI and Roland DGA Corporation.
- HP (booths #1149/1161) will feature Dupont Tyvek for AQ on the PageWideXL8000, as well as Mohawk Tear Resistant Fabric and Mohawk 9 mil Textured Lightblock products on the HP Latex 360.
- EFI (booth#1515) will feature Mohawk Textured Block Film, Mohawk Silver Gloss Film, and Mohawk Tear Resistant Fabric as demos.
- Roland DGA Corporation (booth# 2661) will feature Dupont™ Tyvek 11 mil, Mohawk Silver Gloss Film, and Mohawk Tear Resistant Fabric as pre-printed samples on the Roland media wall.
Mohawk wide-format Inkjet substrates deliver benchmark performance including outstanding color control and top coat consistency for scratch resistance. The result is vibrant and durable print quality for use across a wide range of applications including banners/signage, posters, point-of-purchase graphics/displays, wall murals, architectural renderings and more.
Mohawk wide-format Inkjet products are now easily searchable via Mohawk’s Digital Product Selector by media type or ink type. Mohawk Digital Specialists can provide product information for customers, and products are in inventory and can be ordered through local paper merchants.
Mohawk is North America’s largest privately-owned manufacturer of fine papers and envelopes which are preferred for commercial and digital printing, photo specialties, packaging and high-end direct mail. Mohawk fine papers and envelopes include the signature brands Mohawk Superfine and Strathmore, as well as proprietary treatments Inxwell and i-Tone. With a culture of innovation, Mohawk’s business model now extends beyond paper manufacturing into new areas of growth, including specialty digital substrates and wide-format ink jet materials. Mohawk remains committed to an 85 year heritage of bringing the most innovative and beautiful materials to the design and print communities.
As a leader in environmentally and socially responsible business practices, Mohawk was the first U.S. manufacturer of commercial printing papers to match 100% of its electricity with wind power renewable energy credits and the first U.S. premium paper mill to shift toward carbon neutral production. Many products within Mohawk’s portfolio of recycled papers are certified by Green Seal and the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC).
Mohawk is a fourth-generation, family-owned and operated business based in Cohoes, New York, with global sales and operations located throughout North America, Europe and Asia.