Midland Paper to Showcase a Wide Range of Digital Media for HP Presses at Dscoop in San Antonio
SAN ANTONIO — April, 7, 2016 — Attendees of the 11th Annual Dscoop Conference in San Antonio can look forward to an extensive offering of products and solutions from Midland Paper. The annual Dscoop conference is a unique gathering of marketers, printers, industry experts and suppliers from across North America. Midland Paper is unique in that it supports all digital technologies including HP Indigo Sheetfed, HP Wide/Grand-Format Inkjet and HP High Speed Continuous-feed Inkjet. No other merchant distributor in the country focuses on all three of these important technology platforms.
“This is an exciting time to be associated with Midland. Our specialty business has seen a compound annual growth rate of over 70% over the last three years and we will exceed $70.0 million in revenue in 2016," offers Mike Ratcliff, Midland’s VP and GM – Specialty Paper and Film Division. “You don’t achieve that type of growth in this market without making the right investments and taking care of your customers.”
Key investments over the last year include:
- January 2015 — Midland continued to build on its expansion in the Western U.S. with the hiring of John Fulton as sales territory manager for Northern California and the Pacific Northwest.
- March 2015 — Midland established a presence in the Southeastern U.S. with the hire of Rick Zoeckler as sales territory manager for the Southeast U.S. and establishment of a warehouse in Atlanta.
- September 2015 — Midland made a key strategic acquisition purchasing Shaughnessy Paper — a 135 year-old highly-regarded merchant distributor based out of St Louis. With Sales and Warehouse locations in Kentucky, Indiana, Missouri, Iowa, Kansas, Texas, Oklahoma, Tennessee and Canada, this important acquisition continues to expand Midland Specialty Paper and Film’s footprint in North America.
“Year in and year out, the ownership of Midland has shown that it will continue to invest in our growth in this market with a long term goal of becoming the premiere distributor of Specialty Substrates in North America," explains Mike Graves, Midland’s president and COO.
Midland Paper will have key representatives of its Specialty Paper and Film Team on hand at booth 322 to showcase the latest digital products in the portfolio including:
- Coated, Uncoated and Specialty Papers
- Pressure Sensitive Paper and Films
- Synthetic Substrates
- Wide-Format and Grand-Format Inkjet
- High Speed Continuous-fed Inkjet
With over $1.0 billion in annual sales, Midland Paper, Packaging + Supplies’ access to the world’s highest quality paper mills and digital substrate manufacturers, combined with its commitments to provide excellent customer service and unmatched industry expertise, uniquely positions the company to be the future of specialty and digital media supply.
The video below shows what makes Midland’s Specialty Paper and Film Division unique.
Source: Midland Paper.