MGI Wins Best Product of the Year Award for JETvarnish Ink-jet Coater
IVRY SUR SEINE, FRANCE—April 6, 2009—MGI Digital Graphic Technology, the multi-substrate (paper and plastic) digital press and finishing solution manufacturer, has received the "Best Product of the Year 2009" award given by the European Digital Press Association (EDP) for the JETvarnish digital ink-jet spot UV coater.
The EDP is a newly formed European association for the burgeoning digital print industry. It was established by seven of Europe's leading digital print magazines in October 2006 in Salzburg (Austria) and represents a readership of more than 1,000,000 professionals (including recently incorporated publications).
The award was presented during Grafitalia 2009, the International Print Show in Milan (Italy). Victor Abergel, MGI's Executive Vice President, accepted the EDP award in the category "Production Printer Finishing Device."
Less than a year after its first presentation at drupa 2008, the JETvarnish has received its second award from an international and prestigious jury. The first award, "Oscar de l'Emballage” was presented in November 2008 during Emballage (World Packaging Exhibition), which was held in Paris.
The revolutionary JETvarnish is the first offline digital inkjet spot UV coater, accommodating up to 52 x74cm/20x29” sheets and utilizing MGI’s patented inkjet technology. The 100% digital JETvarnish can handle runs from one to thousands with ease with full variable data capabilities. Computer controlled drop-on-demand print heads allow for precise spot coverage and the integrated ozone-free UV lamp enables instant drying.
• Drastically lower production cost compared to offset or screen spot varnish methods
• No plates, screens or messy cleanup required with virtually no makeready
• Accommodates a wide range of coated paper and plastic substrates, up to 600gsm/220lb cover
• Produces up to 2,500 52 x 74cm / 20 x 29” sheets per hour
• MGI’s Eco-Concept: environmentally friendly design virtually eliminates waste of raw materials and packaging, is ozone and solvent free and utilizes “green” consumables
• 100% variable data capable, enabling custom spot varnished prints with unique graphics, text, barcodes and many other options, a feature no other spot UV method can offer
• Push-button integration with most DTP software
• Ideal for a host of applications, including book covers, posters, brochures, personalized direct mail, premium packaging, corporate materials and many others.
This is the fourth industry award for MGI in less than six months, recognizing technological innovation in three different industries (commercial printing & graphics, package printing, photofinishing) for three separate digital solutions.
MGI’s Meteor DP60 Pro® multi-substrate digital press received MUST SEE ‘EM honors at GRAPH EXPO 2008, a designation awarded by a panel of 16 leading industry editors and experts to technologies that will benefit virtually all printers.
AT PMA 2009, MGI’s Meteor DP20® 4-in-1 digital photo press (print, laminate, cut and crease in just one pass) received the prestigious DIMA Innovative Digital Product Award, which recognizes products or services utilizing new technologies and/or applications that make the product either distinct or the first of its kind.
About MGI Digital Graphic Technology
Founded in 1982, MGI Digital Graphic Technology designs, manufactures and markets a full and innovative range of multi-substrate (paper and plastic) 4-color digital presses, as well as a complete line of versatile finishing solutions, including the revolutionary JETvarnish® digital inkjet spot UV coater.
A key player in the global market, MGI has a portfolio comprised of several thousand customers in a wide range of sectors, including graphic industry professionals, Fortune 1000 companies, government agencies, plastic card manufacturers, silk screeners and photo labs.
MGI USA, based in Melbourne, Florida, is MGI’s fully owned subsidiary that services the North and South American, Caribbean and Asia/Pacific markets. For more information, please visit MGI at http://www.mgi-fr.com / http://www.mgiusa.com