MGI USA to Present New Value-Added Solutions at Graphics of the Americas
MELBOURNE, FL—January 28, 2009—MGI USA, the multi-substrate (paper, plastic and envelopes) digital press and finishing solution manufacturer, will premiere the new DF360 5-in-1 multi-function paper finishing unit at Graphics of the Americas, held February 25-27, 2010, in Miami Beach, FL (booth #824). In addition to the DF360, MGI will also present their flagship multi-substrate digital press, the Meteor DP60 Pro, as well as new capabilities for the JETvarnish® digital inkjet spot UV coater.
DF360: multi-function finishing in just one pass
The DF360 is MGI’s latest generation of multi-function paper finishing equipment designed to complement both digital and offset presses. In-line & automated standard functions include:
• duplex lamination (options include matte, satin or glossy finish; no lamination; or multiple finishes – i.e. matte on one side, satin on other)
• cutting (horizontal & vertical)
• double-cut (automatic trimming – i.e. to document bleed specifications)
• creasing (horizontal and vertical)
With the addition of a lamination function, the DF360 is the first offline unit to bring these common finishing techniques together, performed in just one pass. It can accommodate sheet widths up to 360 mm or 14” and lengths up to 740 mm or 29”, making it ideal for a multitude of applications such as book covers (including flaps), brochures, tickets, business cards, photo books, invitations (with tear-off response card), menus, and many more.
The DF360 features MGI’s exclusive air feed system and double feed detection sensor, found in other members of MGI’s line of digital printing and finishing solutions, as well as a user-friendly interface that allows for the creation and easy retrieval of project templates.
MGI’s award-winning JETvarnish digital inkjet spot UV coater features several new developments for 2010:
• New left and right guides allow for alignment to offset gripper marks on either side of the sheet, resulting in the most precise registration.
• Expanded sheet sizes up to 52 x 105 cm / 20” x 40”, ideal for extended size applications such as book covers, gang runs, presentation folders, packaging, signage and many others
• Option to add a 2nd print line to be used with either a single ink color (perfect for bar codes and other Variable Data Printing applications) or a 2nd varnish formula
Meteor DP60 Pro
The flagship in MGI’s digital line, the Meteor DP60 Pro is easily the most versatile digital press in the graphics industry, receiving consecutive Must See ‘em recognition at both GRAPH EXPO 2008 and PRINT 09. Key features include:
• Compatible substrates including paper, plastics/synthetics (including specialty substrates such as canvas) and envelopes, up to 350 gsm or 130 lb Cover / 14 mil for paper and up to 400 microns /16 mil for plastics
• Super Format printing allows for printing on up to 1020 mm / 13” x 40” sheets in production
• Laser-safe prints, ideal for letterhead, envelopes and other applications previously only produced via offset
• No click charge and an economical total cost of operation
• Fogra certification (ISO 12647-7)
The Meteor DP60 Pro is quickly becoming the solution of choice for graphics professionals in a wide range of industry segments, including commercial printers, plastic card manufacturers, in-plants, book printers, photo printers, governments and envelope printers, among others.
MGI’s digital technologies are recognized as the most versatile and innovative on the global graphics market and provide true value-added solutions to thousands of satisfied customers worldwide. Within the last year, three separate products (Meteor DP60 Pro, JETvarnish and Meteor DP20) have won a combined seven international awards for technological innovation in three separate market segments (graphics/commercial printing, packaging, photo imaging).
For more information, please visit http://www.mgiusa.com / http://www.mgi-fr.com .
About MGI Digital Graphic Technology
Founded in 1982, MGI Digital Graphic Technology designs, manufactures and markets a full and innovative range of award-winning multi-substrate (paper and plastic) 4-color digital presses, as well as a complete line of versatile finishing solutions.
A key player in the global market, MGI has a portfolio comprised of several thousand customers in a wide range of sectors, including graphic industry professionals, Fortune 1000 companies, government agencies, plastic card manufacturers, silk screeners and photo labs.
MGI is a leader in the professional graphic equipment market and is registered on the Euronext Paris Alternext stock exchange (ALMDG). They received the prestigious OSEO ANVAR “Innovative Company” Label in 2006 & 2009 in recognition of their expertise and innovation in the graphics & finishing industry.
MGI USA, based in Melbourne, Florida, is MGI’s fully owned subsidiary that services the North and South American, Caribbean and Asia/Pacific markets.