Memjet Signs New DuraLink OEM Partners, Forms Strategic Alliances
SAN DIEGO - September 21, 2018 - One year after the launch of DuraLink, Memjet announced the company has signed new OEM partners, and formed alliances with strategic primer and integrator companies. Memjet and its OEM partners will be showcasing these developments at Labelexpo Americas Sept. 25–27 in Rosemont, Ill. and PRINT 18 Sept. 30 - Oct. 2 in Chicago.
The DuraLink Platform combines long-life printheads, pigment ink, and flexible modules to give OEM partners a fast, easy way to develop solutions for high-volume commercial, packaging and industrial printing markets.
“We have met our goal of bringing quality, speed, and affordability to high-volume markets,” says Len Lauer, chief executive officer at Memjet.
“We’ve been in talks with dozens of OEM partners. These conversations are ongoing, and we are proud to announce four exciting partnerships. Further, we have made inroads with partnerships around primer developments and integrators that extends the economic value of DuraLink. The Memjet team has accomplished a great deal in one year, and I look forward to even more success in the years ahead,” Lauer concludes.
Two partners will be announcing DuraLink solutions at Labelexpo.
- Colordyne Technologies is a strong, Memjet OEM partner that has demonstrated success using Memjet’s VersaPass technology to power its range of labeling solutions. Colordyne is using DuraLink technology to develop a print engine that will be used in a variety of print applications. At Labelexpo, Colordyne (booth 6047) will discuss those applications, including a new label press projected to launch in 2019.
- PPSI is an experienced developer of custom inkjet printing and manufacturing solutions. The company is using DuraLink technology to create a versatile modular writing system for labels, commercial and other custom applications. The extended width of this new technology, combined with its speed and quality, make it a viable alternative to UV inkjet and other printing methods. PPSI plans to discuss its DuraLink-powered solution for printing labels, cartons and corrugated packaging in booth 6445 at Labelexpo.
- Located in the, Yingkou, China, Liaoning Zheng Hong Basch Digital Technology is an organization engaged in the development, production and marketing in CTP and digital inkjet printing technology. The company is using DuraLink to develop the Leopard DL-2200 Ink-Jet Printer. This monochrome label printer will have the speed, quality and flexibility to significantly increase the efficiency of printers managing express mail documents and labels.
- Located in Shanghai, China, UP Group, is developing a DuraLink-powered color label printing solution. UP Group was founded in 2001 becoming a leader in manufacturing and supplying the printing, packaging, plastic, food processing, converting machinery and related consumables in China. With their primary businesses focused on China, they also have been exporting to more than 80 countries.
The DuMax/DiMax250 Digital Label Printer featuring DuraLink technology will take digital print to new levels of quality and precision for label printers in China.
“The feedback from OEMs tells us that DuraLink addresses a need in the marketplace that has not been met,” says Eric Owen, general manager at Memjet. “OEMs who serve the high-volume label, packaging and commercial print markets now have the technology they need to create a new breed of printing solutions designed specifically for the markets they serve.”
New Primer Development
Memjet formed a partnership with Michelman to develop a primer that enables printing on coated offset stock, as well as packaging materials such as folding carton and coated corrugated. That primer enables providers to use their existing offset stock for their inkjet print jobs, adding greater flexibility and economic benefits.
“At the very start, we set out to develop an industry-wide solution that allows for unprecedented quality at significantly lower cost of ownership,” explains Lisa DiGate, Michelman’s Vice President, Printing & Packaging, “Michelman is investing heavily to enable digital printing. This development with Memjet is incredibly exciting, opening up new spaces and applications, globally, and across industries.”
DuraLink Integrator Partnerships
DuraLink integrator partners are actively investigating how they can integrate DuraLink technology to create unique digital print solutions for Memjet OEMs or for end customers. DuraLink integrators have experienced engineering and development resources and extensive experience in integrating digital inkjet technology with different media transports and finishing solutions.
- Our first DuraLink Integration Partner is Graphic Systems Services. Located in Springboro, Ohio, GSS has over 20 years of experience in the integration of inkjet writing systems for web applications and have designed and manufactured over 150 digital inkjet web presses. GSS has recently completed a full build and integration of a system that will be for Memjet demonstrations and samples. GSS is located in booth 918 at PRINT 18.
The preceding press release was provided by a company unaffiliated with Printing Impressions. The views expressed within do not directly reflect the thoughts or opinions of Printing Impressions.