MBO Reports Multiple Sales of Its Modular Folding, Delivery Systems During drupa
PHILADELPHIA — July 7, 2016 — MBO has announced success at the world's largest industry trade show for print, packaging and cross media solutions. In drupa's first few days alone, multiple orders for several of MBO's modular folding and delivery systems were signed. The modules are production line-independent, making it possible for operators to build lines for all types of jobs, on an as-needed basis.
Finish First: Advancements in Speed
MBO's Finish First show theme was indicative of the fast and powerful machinery on display throughout drupa.
New Signature Delivery Systems by MBO
MBO presented three new delivery systems: the A10, A7-Digital and A700.
- A10 Log Stacker — The new A10 Log Stacker delivery system provides extremely rapid and fatigue-free processing of folded signatures, with just one operator.
- A7-Digital Signature Delivery System — The A7-Digital Signature Delivery System was designed specifically for use with MBO's digital book block production equipment. The powerful A7-Digital can be used to deliver signatures and book blocks - without markings - at high speeds, and can add spot glue along the spine to ensure easy handling at the delivery.
- A500/A700 Stacking Delivery — The new A500/A700 Stacking Delivery by MBO is ideal for delivering different formats of folded product in a single stack, or multiple-up sheets in separate stacks. This delivery system was previously branded under the Palamides name as the well-known alpha 500/alpha700.
The K8-RS by MBO: Ultra-fast Folder is Core Component of the Latest, Fastest Production Lines
The K8-RS is the fastest folder in its class, and is the core postpress module for several of MBO's high-speed production lines. Built on the K8 platform, the K8-RS and K8-RS Digital were presented at drupa, as each is suited for different applications.
- RS Technology Package: With the Running Speed (RS) upgrade, the K8 gains a 20% speed boost and is capable of 275 m/min. The RS package makes the K8-RS Combi-Folder the perfect module for bookbinders and print shops folding over 45 million signatures a year.
- Modularity: One combination of modules includes the K8-RS Combi-Folder and the all new A10 Log Stacker, which together allow printers to produce signatures at unprecedented speeds. This particular combination is known as the Monza system, and is especially appealing to the largest book printers.
- MBO Automation: With MBO Automation, an operator need only enter job specifications, and the K8-RS will calibrate the fold plates and fold rollers itself. Operators can also store repeat jobs and call them up, as needed, via touchscreen control.
Additionally, the K8-RS Digital is for use in MBO web postpress systems, including variable book block production. To utilize the K8-RS Digital inline with MBO web finishing equipment, the infeed system is not used, and a specialized register table is added. Thus, MBO RS Technology is available to both cut-sheet and web systems.
About the MBO Group
Founded in 1965, MBO (Maschinenbau Oppenweiler Binder) offers a broad array of cutting edge, high-performance postpress solutions for conventional, digital, and hybrid print operations; and is the only supplier that covers all bindery areas including folding, mailing, and die cutting for both offset and digital environments. Five hundred employees are based throughout the world, at offices including headquarters in Oppenweiler, Germany; and Portugal, the United States., France and China. MBO acquired Herzog+Heymann in 1999.
MBO's history of pioneering new technology has served its customers, and their clients, for over 50 years. Life-long relationships are passed from generation on to generation. Year after year, the MBO Group delivers new products and technology that speed set-up and changeover through greater automation; reduced downtime and increased output and profits for customers.
The MBO Group's global headquarters, located in Oppenweiler, Germany, houses the research and development team responsible for the company's cutting-edge innovations. The extensive dealer and support/service network, minus that which is managed by the independent offices, is also managed out of Oppenweiler.
Source: MBO America.