Malfunctioning Printing Press Causes a Fire at South Carolina Packaging Facility
LUGOFF, SC—April 15, 2015—A fire was reported at Protective Packaging, based here, on Monday morning when a printing press malfunctioned, reported The State.
According to Chief Dennis Ray, the Lugoff Fire Department responded to the scene at 10 a.m. The crew found moderate amounts of smoke coming from the doors of the building but were able to quickly put out the fire once inside, The State reported.
Employees were evacuated from the building and there were no injuries reported, according to the paper. Employees were then cleared to return to work about two hours later.
There was significant damage to the press and the building sustained minor water damage. Damage estimates have not yet been determined.