Konica Minolta Launches Its First Cloud-Based Solution, FileAssist, for Secure, Enterprise-Wide Sharing
RAMSEY, NJ—September 24, 2014—Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A. has launched FileAssist, a fully-managed file storage and collaborative solution developed exclusively for Konica Minolta and hosted by All Covered—Konica Minolta’s Managed IT services provider. The company’s first cloud solution, FileAssist is ideal for businesses of all sizes looking to collaborate and share information in a secure environment, while also improving workflow efficiency.
FileAssist helps reduce risk, cost and complexity by uniting an organization on a single and easy-to-use cloud-based document management application. Completing Konica Minolta’s Enterprise Content Management Services Portfolio, FileAssist delivers a fully scalable solution that processes the handling of documents in such a way that information can be created, shared, organized and stored efficiently in a secure cloud. FileAssist provides the flexibility for business owners to not only scale with their needs but also have seamless access between mobile devices, the multi-functional printer and the Web client from anywhere and at any time.
Features of the new solution include:
- Online File Sharing and Collaboration—FileAssist allows secure document sharing without the need to look for resources outside company walls. It also eliminates the need to transfer large files, reduces the risk of compromising information security via email sharing, and helps simplify document collaboration via version control mechanisms.
- Security and Compliance—FileAssist provides the necessary tools to meet rigorous privacy, security and legal requirements across a broad range of industries, allowing highly-regulated industries such as healthcare, legal, government and financial services to work within a private cloud environment. (HIPAA, GLBA, SOX, SSAE16, PCI and ISO 27002). Data is encrypted in transit and at rest in order to ensure superior security.
- Intrusion Protection and Prevention—Advanced, multi-tiered security protocols work together in layers to protect the network at all times. Security-monitoring software includes intrusion detection, virus scanning, system logs and notifications of suspicious activity in real-time.
- Automated File Backup, Data Restore and Synchronization—Via FileAssist, organizational information is stored in a private cloud gateway and service-oriented architecture with stringent compliance standards. Data is encrypted in transfer and at rest.
- Robust Administrative Console—Administrators can define global policies to meet internal and regulatory policies, as well as create customized user level access, connection boundaries, stringent data access rules and customized file retention rules. FileAssist also offers workflow templates to streamline complex storage and archival requirements.
- State-of-the-Art Data Center—The FileAssist service is hosted in a highly secure data center environment, using Enterprise-grade infrastructure that is deployed and managed 24/7 by All Covered.
- Tracking and Audit Features—Essential tracking controls allow administrators to closely monitor company data, and user action reports itemize newly created and deleted accounts, password resets, and status and profile changes for detailed administrative monitoring at all times.
- Business Mobility and Continuity—FileAssist offers version control and continuous availability. By streamlining file sharing and workflow through a single portal, FileAssist offers synchronization, cross-platform compatibility, and mobile solutions within a single application and user experience.
- Direct Integration—The bizhub Connector for FileAssist app allows seamless integration for securely scanning, storing and sharing of information. With this bizhub MarketPlace app, users can browse through the FileAssist folders, access files, scan documents into selected folders or upload them onto any of the other FileAssist-enabled devices, all at the MFP panel.
“Large-scale collaboration is essential to business success. FileAssist simplifies the process of connecting people, practices and workflows—both internally and externally—without compromising security,” said Sam Errigo, senior vice president, Business Intelligence Services, Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A. “Konica Minolta’s first solely developed cloud solution responds to customer demand for an integrated solution that operates seamlessly within existing workflow environments and enterprise content management solutions, with reliability, scalability and redundancy.”
Hear and see more about Konica Minolta’s full line of solutions at GRAPH EXPO 14 Sept. 28 – Oct. 1, McCormick Place, Chicago. Konica Minolta will hold a press conference from 1-1:45 p.m. CST Sept. 28 in Room S502A, McCormick Place.
To schedule a tour of Konica Minolta Booth #1231 and/or an executive interview, please contact Karen Harris at email@example.com.
For a complete overview of Konica Minolta’s EnvisionIT Production solutions and to access a detailed GRAPH EXPO 14 booth map, click here.
Follow Konica Minolta at GRAPH EXPO 14 on Facebook and Twitter using the hashtags #KMWinnersCircle and #GraphExpo.
About Konica Minolta
Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A. is a leader in enterprise content management, technology optimization and cloud services. Our solutions help organizations improve their speed to market, manage technology costs, and facilitate the sharing of information to increase productivity. Recognized as a #1 Brand for Customer Loyalty by Brand Keys for seven consecutive years, awarded “MFP (multifunction peripheral) Line of the Year” by Buyers Laboratory and named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index, the company focuses on end-to-end business solutions to help your business grow. Clients trust Konica Minolta to help them envision how they can achieve their goals and deliver innovative solutions to give shape to their ideas.
Source: Konica Minolta.