Komori Introduces New Lithrone A37P Lineup in Lithrone A Series
SUMIDA-KU, TOKYO—July 18, 2013—Komori Corp. Chairman, President and CEO Yoshiharu Komori has announced the 37˝ Lithrone A37P convertible perfecting offset printing press as a new entry in the Lithrone A series presses.
The 37˝ Lithrone A37P convertible perfecting offset printing press has been developed as a new entry in the Lithrone A series presses. The Lithrone A37P is a multifunctional press that offers high basic performance and is equipped with a sheet reversal mechanism that enables the user to perform double-sided or single-sided printing with just one press. It is also very versatile, capable of printing on either thin or thick sheets. Since the Lithrone A37P permits not only one-pass, four-color printing but also front/back two-color printing of eight-up impositions of A4 size sheets that include a color bar for CMS (*1) in the margin, the press is ideal for high quality paged printed items (*2). Primarily as a four-color perfector but also as a two-color press, the machine is a flexible solution for a wide range of orders, including reference works, dictionaries, promotional books, and comics.
The Lithrone A series presses offer a compact machine size and a maximum sheet size of 640x940 mm that is capable of meeting a wide range of needs, thus giving these machines a significant competitive edge in publishing and commercial printing work. Since their introduction, these presses have won a solid reputation as highly functional machines suited to their target markets and have registered excellent sales results, mainly in Asian countries such as Japan, China and India.
Both the Lithrone A37 and the Lithrone A37P perfector can be specified with the H-UV inline instant drying system. The system is the solution to many printing problems because it improves print quality by being powderless, offers short turnaround thanks to the reduction of total lead time, accommodates added value work such as printing on heavy substrates, reduces the operator workload and environmental impact, and improves productivity by enhancing working efficiency.
*1 Color Management System
*2 When configured with four colors
Some of the main features of the new press:
- Delivers outstanding cost-performance by enabling double-sided and single-sided printing with just one press. Also capable of printing on either thin or thick substrates.
- Equipped with a high performance sheet reversal system configured of double-double-single transfer cylinders, the press ensures high-quality printing in both double-sided and single-sided modes.
- Outstanding suitability to printing on heavy substrates is provided by the flat perfecting cylinder surface.
- Makeready time is substantially reduced by eliminating the need to adjust the transfer cylinder gripper pad up-down device when changing sheet thickness and by automating perfecting changeover.
- A variety of options facilitate upgrading of the press. Working efficiency can be improved by equipping the Lithrone A37P with the H-UV instant drying system, the KHS-AI integrated control system for quick start-up, or any of various washing systems.
About Komori Corp.
Tokyo-based Komori Corp., a premier manufacturer of sheetfed/web offset printing and security printing presses, provides world-class technology especially suited for today’s highly competitive printing marketplace. Delivering the highest level in print quality coupled with impressively fast makeready and JDF connectivity through open systems architecture, Komori presses help printers achieve higher productivity levels essential for increased margins and business growth.