Kodak Announces Fastest Inkjet on the Market with KODAK PROSPER 7000 Turbo Press
Kodak has unveiled the revolutionary KODAK PROSPER 7000 Turbo Press at its inkjet facility in Dayton, Ohio. Kodak's new inkjet web press uses KODAK Stream Inkjet Technology offering printing speeds of up to 410 mpm (1,345 fpm) or up to 5,523 A4/letter ppm, which is almost 35% faster than its nearest competitor. It enables commercial, publishing and newspaper printers to compete more effectively with offset and to shift more long run jobs from conventional printing processes to inkjet. Kodak is setting unprecedented standards in speed and productivity with its new full color perfecting inkjet press.
Turbo productivity in a variety of applications
PROSPER 7000 Turbo not only impresses with its incredible printing speed, but also with its vast application and substrate versatility. It supports a maximum web width of 648 mm (25.5 inches) with a variable cutoff length up to 1,372 mm (54 in.) while printing on a wide range of coated and uncoated stocks, newsprint, specialty papers as well as recycled papers.
Offering three optimized print modes, the PROSPER 7000 Turbo Press meets the specific requirements of different applications. This allows printers to optimize their production process to always print at the best combination of speed and resolution. The Quality mode, which is roughly comparable to offset printing using a 200 lpi (80 L/cm) screen, is best for direct mailings, catalogs and magazines. The Performance mode (offset equivalent 133 lpi / 52 L/cm) is ideal for textbooks, fiction books and other medium ink coverage applications, and the Turbo mode (85-100 lpi / <40 L/cm) is ideal for newspaper printing with low ink coverage.
The PROSPER 7000 Turbo Press uses eco-friendly, water-based KODAK nanoparticulate pigment CMYK inks. The inks offer a wide color gamut and, due to their proprietary ink formulations, support efficient drying even at peak press speeds. PROSPER 7000 Turbo features interstation drying using near infrared (NIR) technology. This drying solution enables the press to keep up with any of the print modes to ensure the highest quality output at the given speed.
To safeguard consistently high quality, even with the longest print runs, the new press features the KODAK Intelligent Print System. This patented solution automatically takes care of monitoring and optimization of stitching, color-to-color and front-to-back registration.
“The game-changing speed of the PROSPER 7000 Turbo will help commercial, publishing and newspaper printers increase efficiency by shifting more long-run jobs from conventional printing processes to inkjet,” said Jim Continenza, Kodak’s Executive Chairman and Chief Executive Officer. “We believe digital technology will grow in importance as a complement to offset as ongoing supply chain issues continue to increase the cost of prepress. This new press reflects our continued commitment to investing in innovation that helps our customers succeed as the industry evolves.”
- Unmatched printing speeds of up to 410 mpm (1,345 fpm); throughput up to 5,523 A4 ppm
- Prints almost 35% faster than its nearest competitor. No other web-fed or sheet-fed inkjet press on the market can match it for all-out speed
- Three print modes and resolutions: Quality – 600 x 900 dpi, Performance – 600 x 600 dpi, Turbo – 600 x 450 dpi
- Paper range of 42–270 gsm, prints on a wide range of coated and uncoated stocks, newsprint, specialty papers and recycled papers
- Web width 203–648 mm (8–25.5 in.); variable cutoff length up to 1,372 mm (54 in.)
- 621 mm (24.45 in.) print width with 6 jetting modules per imaging station
- Runs eco-friendly, water-based KODAK PROSPER nanoparticulate pigment CMYK inks for lowest cost and highest quality
- Includes 8 near-infrared (NIR) dryers in proprietary inter-station configuration enabling high ink coverage at high speeds
- Exceptionally robust press with over 200 million A4 pages per month based on a 24/7 production
- Choice of three different print modes allows easy adjustment of print speed and quality to the requirements of each job, always ensuring maximum production efficiency
- Extremely high productivity, application flexibility and cost-effective inks create more profit per job
- Enables commercial, publishing and newspaper printers to compete more effectively with offset and to shift more long run jobs from higher cost offset and digital presses to inkjet
“With the introduction of the PROSPER 7000 Turbo Press, Kodak once again leads the way to the future of inkjet production printing. Providing unmatched speed and an enormous range of applications, our new top model in the KODAK PROSPER Press family sets innovative standards for digital commercial, publishing and newspaper printing.”
Jim Continenza, Executive Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Eastman Kodak Company
The PROSPER 7000 Turbo Press is available today.
The preceding press release was provided by a company unaffiliated with Printing Impressions. The views expressed within do not directly reflect the thoughts or opinions of the staff of Printing Impressions.