InfoTrends Study Will Reveal Critical Insight into Who Buys Wide-Format Digital Printing
WEYMOUTH, MA—December 12, 2014—Digital wide-format printing is a growth area in the printing industry. Sign and display graphics are an integral part of the communication mix and represent a major opportunity for print service providers and digital wide-format equipment and product suppliers. In addition, digital wide-format printing devices are enabling the production of new and innovative applications. Developing innovative products and services begins with understanding key trends and demands in wide-format buyer and provider markets. InfoTrends’ study "Who Buys Wide Format Printing?" will uncover key market trends driving demand for digital wide-format printing, application growth, and technology investment in Western Europe and the United States through surveys and interviews with buyers of wide-format graphics and providers of digital wide-format printing and services.
Buyers of wide-format graphics span a range of vertical industries, each with different needs. The study will evaluate trends and opportunities in five vertical industries, which will be determined by study subscribers. In addition, the research will assess key demands of wide-format providers, including commercial printers, sign shops, in-house printing operations, screen printers, reprographic shops, and copy shops.
This study will identify:
- Market forces driving demand for wide-format graphic applications
- Wide-format pricing trends
- Wide-format buyers’ criteria for selecting providers
- Online ordering’s impact on-wide-format applications
- Top purchasing criteria—e.g. turnaround times, run lengths, applications, sizes, substrates—for purchasing devices and selecting wide-format providers
- Wide-format graphics’ role in a cross-media world and the implications of digital signage
- Products and services that wide-format providers require from equipment and supplies manufacturers to grow their wide-format businesses
This study will provide manufacturers, suppliers, and distributors of wide-format equipment and technologies, as well as providers of wide-format graphics with critical strategic insights for developing go-to-market strategies.
InfoTrends is the leading global analyst and strategic consulting firm for the imaging, document solutions, production print, and digital media industries. It provides insights and advice to help clients understand market trends, identify opportunities, and grow their business.