InfoTrends to Demonstrate Effective Supply Chain Strategies for Wide-format Market
WEYMOUTH, MA—September 17, 2013—As wide-format print service providers employ lean production principles to deal with faster turnaround time requirements, price restraints, and limited brand power, it is more important than ever for leaders in the wide-format digital printing market to manage the supply chain effectively to achieve profits. InfoTrends’ study, "Disruptive Supply Chain Strategies for the Wide Format Printing Market," is designed to identify new ways to approach managing the supply chain to improve customer loyalty, provide better brand messaging, and maximizing profits.
“The shift to digital wide-format printing has partly been fueled by the printers desire to manage assets more effectively. This in turn has meant that many PSPs don’t want to buy any equipment or supplies until they know they need them, and they often only know they need them 24-48 hours before they have to deliver printed graphics. Effective supply chain management includes making sure that products are available to end users as needed, but also priced properly and represented accurately by distributors,” said Tim Greene, director of InfoTrends’ Wide-format Printing Service. “Manufacturers have to develop strategies to deal with different sized accounts, different geographic regions, and different types of distributors.”
Through a combination of email surveys, phone interviews and desk research, InfoTrends intends to:
- Quantify industry value chain profit and cost pools
- Identify other critical bottlenecks and sources of friction in the graphics products supply chain
- Identify opportunities for e-commerce and organized supply chain management
- Illustrate companies that are developing alternative and successful supply chain strategies
- Describe “best practices” that improve supplier and distributor profitability, distribution coverage, inventory visibility, distributor training, and pricing strategies
- Report ratings of the reseller and communications programs for subscriber vendors
- Identify “hot buttons” for future loyalty and market development programs, and determine thresholds for more efficient reseller management
Join Tim Greene as he discusses this study in-depth in an exclusive InfoTrends InfoCast.
InfoTrends, a Questex co., is the leading worldwide market research and strategic consulting firm for the digital imaging and document solutions industry. We provide research, analysis, forecasts, and advice to help clients understand market trends, identify opportunities, and develop strategies to grow their businesses.