IMI to Offer Short Courses on Inkjet Technology Integration at Showcase
CARRABASSETT VALLEY, ME—July 18, 2012—The Ink Jet Technology Showcase 2012 produced by Information Management Institute (IMI) will include three Short Courses on Sept. 7, 2012, at the Hyatt Rosemont in Rosemont, IL.
According to IMI President Al Keene, “These three courses offer another convenient method to improve your digital printing knowledge and take advantage of the many opportunities in the evolving digitization of the printing and manufacturing industries.” Keene summarizes the courses as follows:
• Understanding Piezo Technology—With piezo printheads becoming the key imaging technology for a wide new range of products and manufacturing processes, it is vital to understand how these critical components work. As a developer or user, it is important to recognize when things are not as they should be!
Led by Rob Harvey of AtomJet, this course will take you through the basics of piezo materials and their properties, how they are used as actuators within printheads, other aspects of printhead design, printhead operation, crosstalk, reliability and lifetime issue plus the special considerations for deposition and ink jet as a manufacturing process.
• Designing for Digital—Anyone currently working or planning to work in ink jet print space needs to understand how all the process “dots” connect.
Led by Mary Schilling of Finch Paper, this course outlines the distinctive elements which make up print quality in the ink jet process. These elements of design (ink, substrate, resolution, drop size and printheads) all interconnect and impact one another—effecting final output quality. The course focuses on current and future technology changes that effect print quality and drive the success of the digital market.
• Developing More Winning New Products Faster!—This unique course is an integrated system of lecture and case based teamwork that will help you learn how to choose a better mix of new product development projects to maximize their chance of success and to maximize their value.
Led by George Gibson of Xerox Innovation Group, this course will teach you fundamental skills for the entire chain of steps required for successful innovation. This full process focus will improve your ability to identify new product or service opportunities that will have the largest payoffs for your organization.
Additionally, the following Tech Talks will discuss some of the latest scientific findings and techniques critical to ink jet integration and implementation are included in the Ink Jet Technology Showcase 2012 program:
- Keys to Successful Industrial Ink Jet Integration - Rich Baker, Integrity Industrial Ink Jet Integration
- Printhead Selection - Clive Ayling, Meteor A TTP Division
- Keeping It Working: Nozzle Maintenance - Mike Willis, Pivotal Resources
- Keeping it Flowing: Ink Supply Design Issues for Desktop & Industrial Printers - Rob Harvey, AtomJet
- Designing for Digital Technologies - Mary K. Schilling, Finch Paper
- Techniques for Manufacturing Ceramic Inkjet Inks - Santiago Requena, NETZSCH España
Keene summarized by saying, “We urge everyone to attend this annual event, now in its 11th year, and take advantage of the 100s of years of experience that will be together in one place! IMI’s Ink Jet Technology Showcase 2012 brings together the leading suppliers of ink jet technology and services.
Attendees who are new to ink jet and exploring this disruptive technology for a new product or process, as well as already active product manufacturers or users seeking an update and to renew contacts, find that they cannot do it more efficiently or cost effectively than at this annual IMI event.”
Additional suppliers to the ink jet industry are welcome to join the event and should contact IMI (email firstname.lastname@example.org; 207-235-2225) or download the Technology Supplier’s Sponsor brochure from IMI’s website) to take advantage of this opportunity to present their products and services to the rapidly expanding ink jet industry .
Information Management Institute (IMI) sponsors conferences world-wide to assist in understanding technology developments, markets and applications requirements. IMI conferences offer attendees a unique opportunity for leading hardware, technology development, consumables, software and user companies to network and develop a more comprehensive understanding of current as well as future developments impacting successful product implementations, market entry/expansion and technology utilization. Since 1990, IMI has held over 500 programs attended by well over 25,000 technical, marketing and management personnel from companies around the world.