IBM-Ricoh Venture InfoPrint Solutions Debuts
BOULDER, CO—InfoPrint Solutions (IPS), the joint venture digital printing systems company developed by IBM and Ricoh, has opened its doors with 1,200 employees operating in 18 countries.
The company, formerly IBM’s Printing Systems Division, sees Ricoh holding 51 percent of the business. Ricoh will acquire the remaining 49 percent over the next three years.
IBM will provide maintenance services to InfoPrint Solutions for one year under a service agreement, after which more than 1,000 IBM printer maintenance specialists may join the new company.