HP Reveals Its First HP PageWide XL 5000 Multifunction Printer Beta Customer
PALO ALTO, Calif.—October 9, 2015—HP has announced that beta customer ADC Reproservice selected the HP PageWide XL 5000 Multifunction Printer (MFP) to increase productivity, bring more large-format printing in-house and streamline its workflow.
Announced in April as part of the HP PageWide XL Printer portfolio, the HP PageWide XL 5000 MFP provides fast and efficient monochrome and color prints in a single device with up to 30 percent savings in total production costs.(1) The MFP provides small- to medium-sized reprographic houses and enterprise central reprographic departments (CRDs) mid-volume technical document production at speeds up to 14 D/A1-size prints per minute.
“Before installing the HP PageWide XL 5000 MFP, we outsourced 40 percent of our business because we struggled with turnarounds for high-volume large-format color jobs,” said Edwin Junggeburth, production director, ADC Reproservice B.V. “Adding the HP PageWide XL 5000 MFP has put us in the right place from a production standpoint to recover 100 percent of that work and provide our customers faster turnarounds.”
Speed, productivity and simplified workflow deliver cost savings
With the HP PageWide XL 5000 MFP, ADC Reproservice produces color and monochrome technical documents, line drawings, government infrastructure projects and GIS maps quickly, printing the first page in as few as 30 seconds.
“Reprographers and CRDs need fast, reliable printing technology to meet client demands for tight turnarounds,” noted Ramon Pastor, vice president and general manager, Large-format Printing Business, HP. “The HP PageWide XL 5000 MFP meets these production needs easily, providing radically faster delivery and excellent document quality that beats LED,(2) while reducing costs.”
The HP PageWide XL 5000 MFP enables ADC Reproservice to produce mixed color and black-and-white sets in 50 percent of the time,(3) already saving the company 15-20 operator hours in the first week of production.
“Our clients request GIS maps and other technical documents in both color and black and white, and we used to have to print these jobs on separate devices and manually collate them, which required additional time and resources,” added Junggeburth. “With the HP PageWide XL 5000 MFP, we are able to streamline production with one device that has helped us reduce time and labor costs, and we hope to decommission our existing light-emitting diode (LED) technology to save space and eliminate our monthly service fee.”
The MFP has also simplified the company’s workflow with the ability to load up to four different-sized media rolls and automatically switch between rolls to meet job specifications. The HP PageWide XL 5000 MFP prints at the same or lower cost than comparable LED printers(4) and also uses up to five times less energy.(5)
ADC Reproservice is exploring new growth opportunities with the device, including point-of-sale applications, roll-up banners and posters on large-format media up to 40 inches wide. HP PageWide XL Pigment Inks offer increased print quality to address new applications, delivering crisp lines, fine detail and smooth grayscales superior to LED prints(2), as well as dark blacks, vivid colors, and moisture and fade resistance even on uncoated bond paper at high speeds.(6)
The HP PageWide XL 5000 Printer series is expected to be available in November 2015 in select countries worldwide.(7)
Investment solutions for HP PageWide XL portfolio
Helping customers maintain access to innovative printing technology today, and as their business grows, a new suite of investment solutions for the HP PageWide XL portfolio offers three options: payment deferral for up to 60 days; reduced payments for the first six months in-line with production and productivity; or step-up payments over the first 12 months with a 60-month term.(8) These offers are available for all HP PageWide XL products.
(1) Production costs savings based on an HP PageWide XL 5000 Printer compared with a combination of a mid-volume monochrome LED printer and a mid-volume color production printer (both under $40,000 USD) as of April 2015. Production costs consist of supplies and service costs, printer energy costs, and operator costs. For testing criteria, see hp.com/go/pagewidexlclaims.
(2) For output produced with HP PageWide XL printers and LED printers from different manufacturers and that represent greater than 50% of the annual shipments of LED printers in North America as of 2014 according to IDC. For testing criteria, see hp.com/go/pagewidexlclaims.
(3) Based on internal HP testing on the HP PageWide XL 5000 Printer compared to preparing and printing the job on two different printers (one comparable monochrome mid-volume LED printer for the monochrome pages and one color printer for the color pages). For testing criteria, see hp.com/go/pagewidexlclaims.
(4) Based on supplies and service costs. Monochrome technical document printing costs for comparable mid-volume LED printers based on printers for large-format printing of technical documents at speeds between 8 and 13 D/A1 per minute as of April, 2015 which represent more than 80% of the share of mid-volume LED printers in the U.S. and Europe in 2014 according to IDC. Color technical document printing costs for comparable mid-volume color printers based on printers capable of printing 4 D/A1 pages per minute or more and under $50,000 USD for large-format printing of technical documents as of April, 2015 and representing more than 80% of the market in the US and Europe in 2014 according to IDC. For testing criteria, see hp.com/go/pagewidexlclaims
(5) Conclusions based on internal HP testing for a specific use scenario. Comparable printers using LED technology based on LED printers capable of printing eight to 13 D/A1 pages per minute and which represent more than 80 percent of the share of mid-volume LED printers in the US and Europe according to IDC as of April, 2015. For testing criteria, see hp.com/go/pagewidexlclaims
(6) Compared to prints produced with HP 970/971/980 inks that are fade and moisture resistant per ISO 11798 Permanence and Durability Methods certification. For testing criteria, see hp.com/go/pagewidexlclaims.
(7) Availability will be country dependent and subject to change.
(8) Financing available through Hewlett-Packard Financial Services Company and its subsidiaries (HPFSC) and its or their affiliates in certain countries and is subject to credit approval and execution of standard HPFSC documentation. Rates are based on customer’s credit rating, financing terms, offering types, equipment type and options. Not all customers may qualify for these rates. Not all services are available in all countries. Other restrictions may apply. HPFSC reserves the right to change or cancel this program at any time without notice.
HP creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. With the broadest technology portfolio spanning printing, personal systems, software, services and IT infrastructure, HP delivers solutions for customers’ most complex challenges in every region of the world.