HP Graphics Business Experiences Most Successful Year to Date
• Integrated Book Technology, a leading producer of scientific, technical and medical journals, scholarly monographs and educational materials, which purchased the press at drupa to take advantage of HP Indigo's exclusive capabilities for Pantone®-licensed spot-color printing, higher-speed one- and two-color printing, and compatibility with thinner and lighter-weight media;
• Tabs Direct, one of the largest direct-mail production companies in the United States, which installed two presses to transition more of the personalized communication it creates for nonprofits and financial services firms to color digital production;
• DataMart Direct Inc., one of the largest direct marketing production firms in Northern Illinois, which purchased an HP Indigo 7000 Digital Press at the Graph Expo trade show to increase productivity and meet increased customer demand for high-quality direct mail and marketing collateral applications;
• Advantage Mailing, a complete provider of direct-mail production services for marketers, which installed an HP Indigo 7000 Digital Press to gain a competitive advantage by providing fast turnaround, high-quality personalization and economical pricing;
• Frecklebox, a provider of personalized books, posters and custom-made gifts for children, which used its new press to create high-quality output with double productivity in light of increased demand expected during the holiday season; and
• Lifetouch, the largest employee-owned photography company in the world, which installed two HP Indigo 7000s to increase its ability to provide high-quality yearbooks with a quick turnaround time for preschools and schools.
The winner is digital – HP Indigo sample surpasses offset and flexo in label competition
HP Indigo presses also hold significant market share in the worldwide label and packaging converting industry, based on their ability to give label converters greater flexibility with run lengths as well as true offset quality with excellent color registration. In October, an HP Indigo-produced label for Tavern on the Green printed by Rochester, N.Y.-based Label World became the first digitally printed label to win best-in-show honors in the Tag & Label Manufacturers Institute's annual awards competition, a contest that judged more than 300 labels printed by flexo, offset and digital processes.