HP Expands Portfolio of Sign and Display Printing Solutions at FESPA
• The HP Scitex LX800 Printer, a 126-inch (3.2-m) solution that extends the benefits of HP Latex Printing Technology to the industrial large-format market
• The HP Scitex LX600 Printer, a versatile 104-inch (2.6-m) device
• The HP Scitex TJ8600 Printer, which features full and selective gloss print modes with exceptional quality and new HP TJ210 Scitex Inks
• The HP Designjet Z5200 Printer for copy shops, quick-printing firms and other small commercial print businesses interested in entering the large-format market
• HP Scitex Print Care, a set of tools and services that anticipates technical issues, enables remote diagnosis and provides performance information to help customers maintain uptime and smooth operations(6)
• HP SmartPlanner 3.0, a turnkey job estimation and business planning tool offered to HP Scitex customers that accurately estimates jobs, compares digital and conventional output and calculates the complete job cost
As part of HP’s leadership in driving the solvent to UV and Latex conversion, the company will discontinue sales of the HP Scitex XL1500 Printer, which uses solvent inks. In its place, HP offers the HP Scitex XP Series Printers with UV inks and the HP Scitex LX Printer series, which are ideal replacements for solvent applications. HP plans to provide support, spare parts and consumables to existing customers for five years after the printer is discontinued.
HP leads committee to establish new JDF features for large-format printing
HP has been selected to chair the Wide Format Workgroup of The International Cooperation for the Integration of Processes in Prepress, Press, and Postpress Organization (CIP4) with the goal of defining open JDF standards for wide-format printing workflows. The initiative is designed to resolve interoperability shortfalls between web-to-print tools, production devices, raster image processors and digital front ends so that they work together to streamline wide-format printing workflows for increased productivity.